Music Track Album Cover Display (Media System Plus)

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
I have a one-week old SEAT Leon FR with the technology pack, which includes the Media System Plus / Navi System option, and thought the following observations might be useful:

I tried playing some of my MP3 music tracks on an SD card in the SD2 card reader slot and on a USB memory stick, and found that only some of the MP3 music track album covers were displayed on the screen, even though they all display on my Windows PC and Android phone and tablet.

I tried changing the album cover picture file format (between bmp, png, jpg) and the dimensions of the picture file stored as part of the MP3 music track file ID Tag and found that only album covers in jpg picture file format and of dimensions 500 pixels x 500 pixels or less were displayed on the Media System Plus screen. I also found that these parameters applied identically to MP3 music tracks played from the SD card and played from the USB memory stick.

I now need to see if I can find an efficient way of converting all my album cover pictures to 500 pixel x 500 pixel jpg files to make the most of the Media System Plus screen!

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Cheers for this. I noticed that some of the art was displaying and some wasn't - even after ensuring they were all within the size limit. Clearly format is the issue.

Also, a quick tip, easiest way I've found to get album art is to use Google images, enter the album name and set the search dimensions too 500x500 pixels. Save the image to the same folder as the album. Job done

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
I had to embed the album art into the tracks instead of just putting the jpg etc into the same folder.

User a handy bit of software called icover art and it scanned my iTunes library and done it all automatically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members