Infotainment navi system plus corrupted

Nov 27, 2023
Hi there
Hopefully you can help me because the seat dealer has no idea…

so I have a Seat Leon FR from 2016 that came with an infotainment Navi system plus, the one with a built-in SSD and jukebox. Somehow it has corrupted and lost all of the extra features, such as satnav, voice control and the CarPlay. It says I need a licence key, that the satnav data is not valid

I’ve taken it to the garage who are insisting It takes an SD card when it doesn’t. (Their master tech is telling me I’m wrong)

The garage has no idea how to update it how to fix it and these are the main dealers. Has anyone any clue how to get my Functionality back.

Nov 27, 2023
Radio does
It’s the feature added that’s gone
Turn the car on and it’ll disabled itself. No one has been near it to program. It just seems to have got corrupted and the master technician doesn’t seem to understand that version of the radio insisting the satnav should be honest SD card which it isn’t that version

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Radio does
It’s the feature added that’s gone
Turn the car on and it’ll disabled itself. No one has been near it to program. It just seems to have got corrupted and the master technician doesn’t seem to understand that version of the radio insisting the satnav should be honest SD card which it isn’t that version
Have you had the car from new? When you say 'It’s the feature added that’s gone', Satnav & voice control was standard on the MIB2 High unit, Carplay and Android Auto was an option I believe. I have same unit.

Nov 27, 2023
Have you had the car from new? When you say 'It’s the feature added that’s gone', Satnav & voice control was standard on the MIB2 High unit, Carplay and Android Auto was an option I believe. I have same unit.
Yes since new
I say feature added as that’s what the unit is telling me that I need an activation key

which I do t have as it’s factory fitted

the master tech is telling me I should have an SD card. Doesn’t seem to believe me when I tell him that it’s an internal ‘hard drive’ and has no such thing

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Yes since new
I say feature added as that’s what the unit is telling me that I need an activation key

which I do t have as it’s factory fitted

the master tech is telling me I should have an SD card. Doesn’t seem to believe me when I tell him that it’s an internal ‘hard drive’ and has no such thing
Have you tried doing a factory reset or a reboot, with the unit switched on hold down the power button until it reboots.
If you know how to access the FEC's, you could take a look at them to see which ones are valid.

Nov 27, 2023
Sorry for the long wait. It is currently in the garage and they have just told me that apparently the system expires and I will need to pay again to get what I already had. This can’t be right can’t I’ve had the car since no one ever told me that there was an expiration date on the value added features.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Sorry for the long wait. It is currently in the garage and they have just told me that apparently the system expires and I will need to pay again to get what I already had. This can’t be right can’t I’ve had the car since no one ever told me that there was an expiration date on the value added features.
That's rubbish!! They obviously don't know what they are doing! Have you contacted Seat Customer Service?
There is one thing I should mention, I had my unit 'modified' with extra features, everytime I get my car serviced at Seat dealer they offer me a software update (91U4 i think it is) for the Infotainment unit, I have to politely refuse as having this done would disable my extra added features as it resets the unit to the same as when it left the factory.
Does the dealer you are using know of the 91U4 update?

Nov 27, 2023
That's rubbish!! They obviously don't know what they are doing! Have you contacted Seat Customer Service?
There is one thing I should mention, I had my unit 'modified' with extra features, everytime I get my car serviced at Seat dealer they offer me a software update (91U4 i think it is) for the Infotainment unit, I have to politely refuse as having this done would disable my extra added features as it resets the unit to the same as when it left the factory.
Does the dealer you are using know of the 91U4 update?
I have emailed customer service today

I am fuming but this dealer is useless. They called me a liar pretty much for saying it doesn’t use a SD card for the sat nav now they are saying it expires and I need to pay. I don’t think they even know how to do software updates when they service it to be honest!

I remember a year or so ago I asked them to update the maps and they kept giving me the SD card and in the end I complained and got my money back and just left it as was because they were so useless

their master tech seems to not know there is this version of the infotainment system and they are washing their hands of it

it’s never been updated. Something seems to have wiped the licence codes is the only thing I can think but it literally was one morning I turned the car on and the car okay stopped working, and then I noticed everything else had gone too

the only thing recently different is using an adapter to turn the usb a to a usb c for my iPhone 15

Hi there
Hopefully you can help me because the seat dealer has no idea…

so I have a Seat Leon FR from 2016 that came with an infotainment Navi system plus, the one with a built-in SSD and jukebox. Somehow it has corrupted and lost all of the extra features, such as satnav, voice control and the CarPlay. It says I need a licence key, that the satnav data is not valid

I’ve taken it to the garage who are insisting It takes an SD card when it doesn’t. (Their master tech is telling me I’m wrong)

The garage has no idea how to update it how to fix it and these are the main dealers. Has anyone any clue how to get my Functionality back.
You likely just need the SWaP restoring, we can help

If it's something more sinister, we can also explore options for repair/replacement 🙂

Reactions: Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have emailed customer service today

I am fuming but this dealer is useless. They called me a liar pretty much for saying it doesn’t use a SD card for the sat nav now they are saying it expires and I need to pay. I don’t think they even know how to do software updates when they service it to be honest!

I remember a year or so ago I asked them to update the maps and they kept giving me the SD card and in the end I complained and got my money back and just left it as was because they were so useless

their master tech seems to not know there is this version of the infotainment system and they are washing their hands of it

it’s never been updated. Something seems to have wiped the licence codes is the only thing I can think but it literally was one morning I turned the car on and the car okay stopped working, and then I noticed everything else had gone too

the only thing recently different is using an adapter to turn the usb a to a usb c for my iPhone 15
I've just remembered that I had to have a new MIB2 High unit, I was getting quite a few intermittent problems with it when I first got the car, bought new in December 2015, eventually it failed completely, dead!! Luckily replaced under warranty.
I'm a bit concerned about the USB 'adapter', do you mean a USB A to USB C lead, or was it an actual adapter device?

Talking out of their arses

Reactions: andydragon

thespicemustflow

Feb 24, 2024
I'm not clued up at all on how these systems work, but if it has internal storage (HDD/SDD/Flash) there's a chance its failing, or failed.

Anything with internal unreplacable NAND storage, or spinning rust, can feasibly fail at any time. I had a Mitsubishi Lancer many years ago with an internal HDD, which stored some but not all features of the head unit. Radio worked fine, CD player worked fine, TV tuner, Sat Nav, trip computer and a few other things stopped working randomly.

I pulled the HDD out and found millions of bad sectors - sadly, it was encrypted and paired to the car so wasn't replacable :(

Nov 27, 2023
You likely just need the SWaP restoring, we can help

If it's something more sinister, we can also explore options for repair/replacement 🙂
What’s the SWaP?
Im supposed to have a warranty, they e just replaced the boot under warranty but this they are just ignoring

I think I’m going to escalate in the first instance as I don’t understand why they are trying to fob me off

the info they gave said they did try to do some form of restore and it failed hence saying there it needs to pay for the upgrade

I am going to make a complaint to start with and if no joy then will have to find an alternative approach

sorry for stupid question but if it came to it how would you fix it, would I need to bring it in? Oh, I forgot… before the failure I was losing connectivity and charge on the usb. So there was a further fault that I hadn’t thought about

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023
Some more information

The Nav and Traffic both say “The navigation data in the infotainment system is not valid. Please check data”

full link and voice say I need an activation key

The software seems to have been updated: 2020-06-23 12:27
  1. Current version MHI2_ER_SEG11_S2130 (0355)
  2. Part number 5F0035020Z
  3. Software version H25.14.70_HIGH2_EU
I don’t know if there are any updates or if this helps at all?

maybe its best I create a separate thread to ask about what can be done for update

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023
SWaP is SoftWare as Product. Each feature on your infotainment system (amongst other control modules) is individually licensed

If you hold menu, and go to "Function Enabling codes (FEC, SWaP), then "installed codes" what do you see? Do they say rejected/invalid?
I tried to look at that today and don’t have that menu option

Nov 27, 2023
I’ve just realised. My sport display option has also disappeared from the menu!

It keeps getting better! Sigh

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members