Ticking from the engine

Oman FR

Hi EVERYONE,

yesterday I went to service my car which is seat FR 2.0 TFSi 2007 with extra edits .. this is the first time I choose different oil .. I asked for Mobile 1 .. but they dont have so at the end I decide to put Shell Vpower 5W30 ... anyways in the same time I asked them to check something with check engine ..

After I went to take the car .. the first ignition the car was vibrational too much and rpm cant go more than 3 .. turbo and blow valve sound disappeared .. so restarted and it was ok .. again restarted was with same problem :blink: .. restart again .. it was fine .. then restarted many times it was ok .. but got epc and traction off light .. after the guy tried many times to remove it .. he couldnt .. so told them lets drive the car ...

while testing I found car was burning .. epc went off .. I drove the car like I do and after 2 km .. got message with buZz and alarm saying oil pressure low and with big oil icon .. reduced the rpm went off .. again accelarated ..and same problem appeared .. so by that time I was near by the garage so stopped their and asked them how much oil they put they said 4.3 liter .. I told them I need 5 .. as this is what I do .. anyways after he add the oil .. was trying to check the car so noticed when ever rpm is 1500 to 2000 I got noisey ticking from the engine .. the first time I hear that .. so restarted the engine and the ticking come on idle:cry: .. so I stopped the car there and didnt know what is the problem .. this garage is just an oil and filter service center they dont know any thing abt the turbo car .. and I fought with them to solve it they said maybe oil pump have problem... I told him what r u saying I brought a good car and I dont know what u did and it become like that ..

The noise is in this link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIoHgB3cux4

please anyone have an idea ? can I drive the car till the specilized garage or no ? I am thinking to flush the engine so its better to use special liquid ? Or just throw it away and put the new oil ?

Please help .. I am lost we dont have seat dealer anymore here ...

Regards

leegreenaway

Sep 1, 2013
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Have you checked the oil pickup pipe? Heard this can cause the oil EML becasue it starves the engine and eventually leads to blown turbo and/or a new bottom end.
It's like £14 and sits inside the sump, it's recommended to do another oil change and filter.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
5 litres of oil is too much!

Sounds like oil starvation to me, can't really blame the garage unless they have contaminated the oil with a foreign object. Getting to be more of a common issue.

Also sounds like the damage has been done. Noisy ticking or knocking at 1500-2000 rpm is indicative of bottom end damage. Do not drive the car and get the sump off it

*edit* just watched the video and sounds very top end tappety to me. Get the sump off and examine the pickup

Last edited:

Oman FR

My engine gone !!! Really dunno what they did in it .. it was fine ... :(((

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise