Surrey Newb

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
Not much to update on this but an update is an update:

I've fitted a couple bits that it needed like weather strip for under the bonnet and fitted flat blades.

The plates really let the car down so i ordered replacements.

Old:

To New:

Looking alot smarter.

I've been having the hesitating problem that everyone else seems to be having so in investigating pipes etc i found this:

Crank case breather pipe pretty much in two pieces.

So i ordered a silicone replacement from eBay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171280932...49&var=470365235959&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Picked up three jubilee clips and it too two minutes to swap them over. Really nice high quality hose, i recommend them, great price as well compared to the other alternatives although i might need to mod the engine cover to sit 100% correctly.

Unfortunately it hasnt fixed the problem so next step is to swap out the coolant temp sensor.

Last edited:

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
So, replaced the coolant sensor and the car now runs much smoother, hesitation seems to have gone and in gear revs drop smoothly, however, the temp gauge is still showing 60-75 up to 90 if driving hard then back down to 75 so pretty sure thermo is required.

It's also worth noting to anyone else changing the sensor to make sure the sensor is fully seated before putting on the clip. First time wasn't seated deep enough so ended up pretty much popping off under pressure.

This is how I had it the first time:

Then this is the sensor sitting correctly:

Notice you can see a lot less of the brass fitting.

Also a photo to help others find the sensor:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.