Leon Cupra exhaust/boost leak?

Sep 28, 2020
Seattle
Hello
This is my first thread and just registered as a user on SeatCupra though I have been an eager reader in the forums for quite some time now

I have a Leon Cupra from 2007 tfsi with the following mods:

APR 3" downpipe with highflow metal cat.
APR fuelpump.
BSH Pendulum Mount.
BSH Trottle body pipe.
Forge Twintake.
Forge Front mounted twintercooler.
Forge replacement dump ventil.
Forge Dv returnhose.
Milltek catback non resonated oval.
Sachs race clutch rated 500nm.
Iridium spark plugs.
Tuning software.

I am kinda stuck on the following problem. The engine pulls fantastic and hard all the way but when I declutch the rpm is slow to go down and goes under 500rpm and it has to fight to go back up to normal idle rpm and sometimes the engine stalls especially if I make a right turn, have only tried turning right and having the engine stalling, after declutch and the rpm goes down.

I have had problems with an exhaust leak between the union of the to parts of the APR downpipe right by the metal cat but we managed to seal the leak with som paste and tightning of the strapping band.
This gave more sound and power and a much better start up on a cold engine, no more leaking sound on start up
smile.gif

Maybe there still is a small leak there and causing the problem? I did not have the problem with stalling when it was leaking more.
I have ordered new parts from APR through my dealer in Denmark since I also miss the union piece from the apr downpipe to the Milltek catback. There is also a leak there, sod coming out, which we have tried thigtning the strapping bands, which are from a cheap no name downpipe that used to be mounted on the car, when i bought it a few months back.
We will adress and fix these issues when I get the spareparts from APR.
We have tried cleaning the forge DV and checked the Forge twintake for leaks but not sure it has made any difference.

I am not sure it is a exhaust leak since the exhaust got a much sweeter sound when we fixed the leak mentioned above. Still it looks like there is new sod coming from where the APR downpipe is joined by the metal cat but not where we have used paste to seal the leak.
There are no DTC codes by the way
smile.gif
So not sure if the problem is a exhaust leak or a vacum leak somewhere?
Therefore I would very much appriciate any input that could lead me in the right direction to fix the problem once and for all
tongue.gif
Sorry for my English. It is not everyday I use it anymore

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.