Injector test - VCDS

Joshkcupra

Local Retard
Aug 21, 2012
Gravesend, Kent
Chaps,

I'm trying to do an output test on one of my injectors as I am experiencing a misfire. I've changed the coil, and the plugs and still experiencing it.

I tried to do a basic output test but it said control module not allowed or something along those lines, does anyone know how to perform the output test on the injectors.

Cheers

Steve1971

2010 Leon FR 170
Sep 13, 2014
Grimsby
What engine have you got?

If its a coil per cylinder, has the coil got its feed & earth and switching current

Have you confirmed the cylinder compression is ok?

Looking at live data will show the "commanded" injector duration, but won't show if the injector is actually injecting. On a conventional injector you can do the same test with a "noid light". The injector will have a 12v feed and a switched earth that will be too quick to view accurately with a multimeter......but presume you have an TFSi so they operate differently

To be certain you will need to use a scope to view the injector trace (volts) and amp ramping.....using the amp trace you can see the pintle lift off its seat and then drop back.....this is the true injection period

you can also use a cheap stethoscope to listen for the injector "working" by its ticking noise

also a secondary KV trace will show whether you have a no fuel mis fire or a no spark misfire

Being an Fsi engine (i presume) these injectors aren't readily accessable

Steve

Last edited: