Penguins new un.

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Having sold my old Leon I had intended to treat myself to a cupra but decided that as I still do a fair bit of commuting I've gone for this.

Very pleased with it. 28K on the clock. Full service history.
Couple of tiny paint chips that will be sorted soon. Other things in the pipeline are a new headunit. Opted for a kenwood dnx525 so that will be here end of next week. Fascia ordered from sere motors. 18" alloys will also be done (already spotted the ones I want) although I'm not sure whether or not to wait until next year when the better weather returns. The 17s that are on currently will be up in the classifieds soon . As will the redundant headunit. Already put some LED side lights in along with some osram night breakers.
I also beleive there are some changes that can be done with a vagcom lead. I think that's what it's called. So if any of you kind gents out there have got one and are fairly local to me I'd be more than willing to pay for your services.
Might debadge the rear and give the calipers are red paint job but not 100% on those as yet.
Any other ideas you might have id love to hear them. Sprayed black roof maybe?
Gave it a good clean today whilst the weather was favourable.

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
These are the type of wheels I'm looking at getting from eBay. ;)

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Cool, not a fan personally but looking forward to what they look like on the car the car looks good mate. You going to lower it aswel?

Yes but not till next year. Remap is more than likely happening as well. One thing I've noticed coming from a pd to a cr engine is that the cr is so much smoother. However the pd how much better low down "grunt". A remap should solve that.

2G

Experienced Newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Scotland
Looking very nice Penguin! Map should sort any flat spots, almost a must do mod with these.

Have you got any other cosmetic changes in mind, other than alloys? Kind of goes with out saying but a tailgate spoiler and black wrap behind the front number plate/grille surround makes the world of difference to overall aggressiveness of the car, couple of mine for comparison:

DSC_1439 by Gerrrs, on Flickr

DSC_1564 by Gerrrs, on Flickr

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Spoiler looks nice I must admit. Not sure what other mods I may do cosmetically yet. I spent way too much time and effort spraying some interior parts so I'm reluctant to get into that again. I've enough to do to keep me going for good while. Is the spoiler a difficult fit?

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Have you removed the aerial before?? It's got an anti theft feature so feels like your gonna break but you won't
Am I missing something here. Tried unscrewing it but it just spins. Lil help required. On the plus side the new head unit is up and running.
I have my eye on some different alloys as well.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Unscrew it until it just keeps spinning, then you need to pull it down towards the rear of the car and yank it out, it's the anti theft feature

Last edited:

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Unscrew it until it just keeps spinning, then you need to pull it down towards the rear of the car and yank it out, it's the anti theft feature
Ok bud thanks. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.
301120330859 eBay number of the new alloys I'm looking at.

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014

Christ it's difficult to shift. Feels like I'm going distort the roof before the anti theft feature gives. Can't get the bloody thing off!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Looks nice mate, but don't do the calipers red as its far too common.

Those first 18's are the same as 3SDM's, the 2nd lot are nice though.

What about some Cupra pedals? Only £50 odd on eBay.

The aerial is a nightmare to come off.

Penguin

Jan 15, 2014
Looks nice mate, but don't do the calipers red as its far too common.

Those first 18's are the same as 3SDM's, the 2nd lot are nice though.

What about some Cupra pedals? Only £50 odd on eBay.

The aerial is a nightmare to come off.

Thanks bud.
Purchased the 2nd set of alloys. Look very nice.
New head unit is also in place as well.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
And joy of joys I got the aerial sorted.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise