Braided brake hoses for Cupra TDi...?

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
Soon to fit new discs and pads, figured I'd change the hoses and fluid at the same time.

Can anyone advise me who makes decent quality hoses which last and where to buy them? Is there several manufacturers i.e Hell Goodridge etc?

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
Fitted HEL to mine last month. Quality a little less than Goodridge as I had to adapt the SEAT pipe brackets. Other than that they were fine. Did it as part of a fluid change.

Not a guide or anything but you can see the fitting in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-oKpNr9twk

Ok, so if I purchased Goodridge I wouldn't need to adapt the Seat brackets? I'm guessing you weren't aware before using the Hel brake hoses?

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Ok, so if I purchased Goodridge I wouldn't need to adapt the Seat brackets? I'm guessing you weren't aware before using the Hel brake hoses?

Not really sure on the Ibiza. I have bought Goodridge on two prev cars and they were perfect and fitted right away. The pipe clips were better as well. Think if I was doing the job again I personally would spend the little extra and fit Goodridge.

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
Not really sure on the Ibiza. I have bought Goodridge on two prev cars and they were perfect and fitted right away. The pipe clips were better as well. Think if I was doing the job again I personally would spend the little extra and fit Goodridge.

I've used Goodridge hoses in the past, never had a problem. Thanks for the information, I'll avoid the Hel hoses.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.