£27k - new Cupra ST or 330i touring auto

driver74

Feb 28, 2017
Interested in any real world experiences and/or constructive viewpoint
I'm not here to start a fight, having owned 2 Leon Cupras and only 1 BM in the past :handbags:
You can bag a 330i Msport touring auto for about £27k seems like a bargain!
Only about a grand between that and a new Cupra ST 4WD
So how would you spend your cash?
Suggestions of hookers and coke please abstain, getting too old for that :rofl:

Redline

Nov 3, 2016
BMW:

1. Expensive:

• Insurance
  • Service
  • Parts
  • Ownership

2. not 300hp , less performance, also heavier car.

3. Most theft prone car, atleast in Sweden.

4. Brand new for 27£? i don't think so.

It's a BMW and you can wave your Auto-**** even tho it's not even an M car.
It's an over priced overly expensive german car to own.

Cupra:

Cheap to own.
Fast as ****.
No one will steal it or parts from it.
It's unusual.
It's technically a german car but you can't wave this auto-**** around because it has a SEAT badge.

Basically, if you want a BMW and can't afford the good ones then get it and be happy.
It's all about you being happy when you drive.

Did i want an RS4 instead of the Cupra? Yes.
Do i smile when i think how ridiculously expensive RS4 are to buy and own and how nice the Cupra is, especially comparing the finances? Yes.

Do what makes YOU feel good man, that's what matters.

Economically i wouldn't consider the BMW at all.

Last edited:

driver74

Feb 28, 2017
BMW:

4. Brand new for 27£? i don't think so.

Do what makes YOU feel good man, that's what matters.

<can't post url as I'm still classed as scum>

Less than £27k - no need to thank me :p

Indeed we need to be happy; good look with the Swedish immigration policy, I hear from some Swedes it has created quite a few problems :shrug:

PS the forum police dictate I can't post a URL until I'm 'important' :doh: but check out broker4cars....

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
<can't post url as I'm still classed as scum>

Less than £27k - no need to thank me :p

Indeed we need to be happy; good look with the Swedish immigration policy, I hear from some Swedes it has created quite a few problems :shrug:

PS the forum police dictate I can't post a URL until I'm 'important' :doh: but check out broker4cars....

Check out the T&Cs on broker4cars. You could be purchasing a pre-registered vehicle. And even their website mentions how you could be contravening regulations. You also have to pay a fee to find out who the supplying dealer is. Other brokers don't have this condition.

Edit - just to add that I don't have any affiliation with any brokers or dealers. Just checking how it works as had looked at Carwow where you can see the dealer details straightaway and no fee as I understand it.

Last edited:

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I'd drive both then decide.

I've had lots of bmw and I'm pretty certain the ~250hp won't be enough to really work the rwd. The discounts on the 340i are a lot higher told

Also, you need to add 19's / rear tints to the 330i to make it look half decent.

I'd probably have the 330 over the 4x4 Cupra ST, the 4wd and estate really adds to the weight and I think its character kind of misses the point of the Cupra. I've got a 5dr Cupra 300 on order BTW.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members