£40 temp sensor from seat or £12.99 on eBay

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
Well the title says it all.. Temp sensor needs replacing, I don't want to £30 extra for nothing. Are the ebay temp sensors OEM as they claim or do they die in a month or two, anyone tried one?

Cheers

ozaudio

Aug 24, 2012
north west
ive had a cheap one from a motor factors for 12 months now, I havnt had any problems with it yet , although they do claim most of there stock is audi/vw with the brand name scratched of

Last edited:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Do you mean the little CTS with the green electrical connection? If so German Auto Spares do them for less than a tenner, can't remember how much exactly. They do genuine stuff too had an N75 from them before.

EarlParkly

I can also recommend German Auto Spares. They do Febi OEM quality ones. Haven't had a bad one (yet), but plenty other cheapo's on eBay have been duffs for me.

googujube

LCR225
Jan 1, 2013
York
I got one from dealer few weeks back..pretty sure it wasn't 40 quid. Get a proper one, same with thermostats..

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
I bought one off ebay and it works perfectly. I replaced the thermostat with a mahle one from my local motorfactors and that works perfectly too.

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
Cheers for the replies, ive had my £17.99 sensor from SC motors in for a week, fitted perfectly and caused me no problems as yet.

I think maybe the £6.99 things off ebay are hit and miss you only have to look at some of the feedback about the things not fitting properly etc

I've never had a problem with anything ive brought from Ajays, SC, ECP etc

03cupra

May 18, 2010
Maidstone
yeah true, but bearing in mind most of the time ecp have a cheap option.. i replaced my shocks with sachs units from ECP, but you can buy front shocks from ECP by anshler or something for 35 a corner or the sachs for 72 a corner...

i imagine the 35 a corner units were shocking but as always you get what you pay for, within reason, i think VAG group asking £40 for a sensor which according to older posts on this forum was half that 3-4 years ago is a bit of a piss take

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.