£50 mods...help?

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
whats this then when its at home?

It's a legal way of tinting your headlights because it looks like fly eyes so it lets enough light through to be MOT legal, and doesnt alter the beam pattern.

Im not allowed to post links yet... but google "Fly Eyes Kit" and its the first result. Interesting concept, popular with the skoda and Audi TT boys.

jamiebennett81

It's a legal way of tinting your headlights because it looks like fly eyes so it lets enough light through to be MOT legal, and doesnt alter the beam pattern.

Im not allowed to post links yet... but google "Fly Eyes Kit" and its the first result. Interesting concept, popular with the skoda and Audi TT boys.

I was very optimistic when doing this, as in looking chav, but it actually looks very good, and the kit came out great, and easy to do. I went for a medium grey tint at the front and a medium red at the back

Here are the results:

during

drivers side tinted and passenger side still OEM

IMG_0182.jpg

Tint

IMG_0181.jpg

Both Tinted

IMG_0186.jpg

HID's on and loads of light going through

IMG_0195.jpg

Rear of Car OEM

IMG_2016.jpg

Rear after

IMG_0189.jpg

Tint front and rear was between £13-15

Other Mods I would suggest are LED number plate lights, interior W8 light, sunglasses holder replacing drivers side grab handle, stickers or an Audi S3 lower strut brace which is around £40 I believe

Carbon Dinoc material, cheap and looks great, Audi R8 oil cap from Awesome GTI

lots for under £50

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
I was very optimistic when doing this, as in looking chav, but it actually looks very good, and the kit came out great, and easy to do. I went for a medium grey tint at the front and a medium red at the back

I have installed for a few people... and they have loved it... im a bit nervous about getting unwanted attention in my town. i get enough with having a cupra lowered on RS6 alloys with window tints.

I like them, just dont want any grief from the plod.

All these mods and i dont know them! the joys of being a cupra newbie... better get reading!

jamiebennett81

I have installed for a few people... and they have loved it... im a bit nervous about getting unwanted attention in my town. i get enough with having a cupra lowered on RS6 alloys with window tints.

I like them, just dont want any grief from the plod.

All these mods and i dont know them! the joys of being a cupra newbie... better get reading!

Mine has not been MOT'd yet, but I can't see it failing. However I would only suggest fitting the flyeyekit if you have HID's, as I think if you tint the front with normal lamps in, it will struggle to project the light, or be bright enough at night, and probably will fail the MOT

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
HIDs are first on my "list" as such... it's just finding a set that arent the usual ebay rubbish you get.

I bought some for my BMW and im waiting for the seller to stock H7 bulbs so i can get some... unless i find some decent ones before.

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
Well ive done a few things this month. :D

The pics are all in the readers rides under 'my 2001 leon cupra'.

I've got aero wipers on the front, fabia rear wipers, de-badged the rear, got my 007p resert valve, had my pipercross filter delivered today, boost gauge and oil pressure gauge and picked up my springs last week and fitting them on saturday. [B)]

Well im pretty happy with it at the moment and hoping to get my decat and downpipe next month now (gotta put petrol in it this month and enjoy it now) :seatgod:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.