‘USB: Device not supported’

Jul 11, 2023
When trying to plug my iphone in to use apple carplay this comes up, tried multiple phones, different cables (apple ones and aftermarket ones) and it still persists with the error. Any ideas to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpeg
    IMG_0480.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 66

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
When trying to plug my iphone in to use apple carplay this comes up, tried multiple phones, different cables (apple ones and aftermarket ones) and it still persists with the error. Any ideas to fix this?
Assuming you have only tried iPhones, and your vehicle is pre 2016, I would say that you probably need a later USB port.

Jul 11, 2023
Assuming you have only tried iPhones, and your vehicle is pre 2016, I would say that you probably need a later USB port.
It has the upgraded 8” screen and the usb port fitted to use apple carplay, and has previously worked and charges the iphone when plugged in although just comes up with this error, does this mean its a problem with the usb port or could it possibly be anything else?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
It has the upgraded 8” screen and the usb port fitted to use apple carplay, and has previously worked and charges the iphone when plugged in although just comes up with this error, does this mean its a problem with the usb port or could it possibly be anything else?
I would suggest trying an Android phone if possible, or a USB stick with some songs on.

Butty

Sep 7, 2018
So Apple Play used to work fully but now just works as a charger?
Done any DIY firmware changes at the time it stopped working or it's been at the dealership and they've made updates?