04, 1.4 tdi, ibiza

shtones

Mar 20, 2016
ireland
hey lads,

new to this forum but iv been on a couple before in the past. been away form the scene for about 4 years and thinking about getting back into it. i decided to go for a ibiza this time.

It's a 04, 1.4, tdi, 3 door in blue. now i dont know a lot about these cars or the engine but i'v heard they are easy to maintain and cheap to run so thats why i picked one up. its completely standard for now except a kenwood head unit. I've gone back to studies so the funds are going to be tight for the next while so i'm looking to do everything cheap.

any and all help much appreciated. im over in ireland myself so im finding a little bit tricky to get inspiration and and there is not a lot of lads working on seats here or im just blind.

plans are:
aero blades
retro fit newer rear wiper
stubby aerial
honeycomb grilles
change out interior (whats an easy fit??)
are facelift bumpers a straight fit or what are other options are there?
im thinking about a lip not too sure which one yet
fix door sensor(open door but light doesn't come on...)
give it a good clean and polish
new shoes, suggestions much needed.
easy and cheap ways to lower, thinking shocks and springs rather than coilovers but if they're cheaper im all for it
pressed plates
fix cup holder(not closing)

will get pics up as soon as i remember how its done. tried linking my imageshack pics there but the site wont let me till iv got 15 posts. il get them up once that happens

any help on the above question would be great lads thanks

Last edited:

shtones

Mar 20, 2016
ireland
i got the car back form the mechanics there yesterday and it turns out that my egr valve needs replacing. the joys of motoring...

other than that though it seems fine. finally got a headunit to connect, unfortunately the harness for my kenwood went missing so im going to need to sort one of those.

shtones

Mar 20, 2016
ireland
just after been on a great road trip with the car there around the south west down south and then up through the east. i must say the car was amazing.

didn't fault once one the trip and made close to 700 miles on one tank of diesel on mixed road conditions.

shes in bad need of a wash but what a trip and what a car. very happy with buying this now and more then willing to start dropping a bit of money into it