1.2 tdi cfwa oil leak from boost/charge damper

moi

Mar 19, 2022
hi wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction in finding the cause of an oil leak from the charge air intake damper at the top of the plastic elbow (lower one) on the cold side of the turbo, over course of a month im losing what seems excessive amount, i find that each time after driving the car and then wiping down the underside of that part there is alwas a lot of fresh oil, and it is enough to drip down to everything and onto subframe, no turbo boost issues or performance loss (so far anyhow) although none on the floor beneath the car, but over a month its more than noticable on the dipstick, had the damper part of last w/end and there was no oil in the turbo housing where it attaches, rocker cover breather ect was clear no blockages, reseated the part in case had been of prior to me getting this car and the o-ring was possibly damaged or misaligned ect, but still this leak from there is losing oil, any idea what and where to look next
ive attached a pic of the part im getting a leak from
hope someone can give me a little advice regarding this

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-09 005413.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-07-09 005413.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 117
Jul 14, 2022
Hi mate, I have something sounding very similar on my 1.2 tdi ibiza, the other day I had the coil light on the dash. Plugged it in and had an error on the maf sensor and then also one saying my turbo was underperforming. Ive got wet looking oil all over the underside of the engine too and the turbo sounds as if theres an exhaust blow when I tap the accelerator. Let me know if yoh find out whats going on with yours! Also where did you get that exploded view from?

moi

Mar 19, 2022
Hi mate, I have something sounding very similar on my 1.2 tdi ibiza, the other day I had the coil light on the dash. Plugged it in and had an error on the maf sensor and then also one saying my turbo was underperforming. Ive got wet looking oil all over the underside of the engine too and the turbo sounds as if theres an exhaust blow when I tap the accelerator. Let me know if yoh find out whats going on with yours! Also where did you get that exploded view from?
i too had a mil (flashing glow plug light) dtc was p2563 turbo position sensor implausible signal, which was a boost leak down at the back of the engine at the egr just above driveshaft and behind a small silver shield (2x 16mm bolts hold that shield on, and then easy access the area to change the vac pipe), a 2 inch kind of S shape rubber vac pipe, which connects to a hard vac pipe at nearside (uk car) and to the egr actuator at the offside, fixed that and my constant intermitent mil/dtc was solved, still cant find why im getting oil leakage though at that boost damper/elbow , but that small vac pipe at egr has gotta be the main cause of the p2563 dtc which most people assume is the actual turbo actuator/turbo position sensor and change that part, stupid design as the rubber s shaped vac pipe gets worn through by the hard pipe it attaches to under engine vibration, not saying your probs the same but well worthy of checking
hope it helps
as for the exploded view diagram it is from ETKA VAG Group parts catalouge program

Jul 14, 2022
On taking my turbo out a pin fell out on me from.under there, I happened to have a couple of spare egr valves and conpared it to and found if to be a pin which has like a butteryfly flap attached to it within the egr valve which had snapped away from said pin. Im assuming this is the caise of my issues as the piping goes up to the turnbo from here. Also the turbo was leaking from the oil drain pipe from it