1.2 TSI service items?? 20,000 miles 6 year old

Catzeye83

Jun 21, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi everyone, any help with this is much appreciated, I've a 1.2 TSI seat Ibiza fr on a 16 plate, it's approaching 20,000 miles on the clock and is 6 yes old, it's due to go in for a service at Arnold clarke which was included in the purchase of they car, could Anybody tell me which service items need to be changed at this milage and age thank you?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
From memory, year 1 is only engine oil and filter, year 2 is same plus inspecting more items and replacing the pollen filter, year 3 is the same as year 1 plus a brake fluid change, year 4 is broadly the same as year 2 but the plugs and air filter should be replaced, year 5 is same as year 1 but the brake fluid needs replacing again, year 6 is broadly the same as year 2.

Brakes will only ever get a quick visual inspection with wheels on.

Reactions: Catzeye83

Catzeye83

Jun 21, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
From memory, year 1 is only engine oil and filter, year 2 is same plus inspecting more items and replacing the pollen filter, year 3 is the same as year 1 plus a brake fluid change, year 4 is broadly the same as year 2 but the plugs and air filter should be replaced, year 5 is same as year 1 but the brake fluid needs replacing again, year 6 is broadly the same as year 2.

Thanks very much for this m8, thought I was never going to get a reply ha, just want to make sure they are going to to do the things it needs👍🏻

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
If it's a recent purhase of a used car, have you sen sight of the service history? Have the brake fluid changes actually been done in years 3 and 5 for instance? I suspect all they'll be looking to do, as it's thrown in, is an oil and filter change. But then I'm an old cynic.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I really think what @rafletcher has said is the way things get done, ie as little as possible just in case you come back asking for more!

I think that even all VW Group marques approved cars came with a quick oil change - so if feeling cynical that might mean just that, old filter left in place.
In my world, giving a car a quick "presale" minimal service, can really mess up your "servicing to the book" going forward if that car comes with an extended warranty. For example, I bought a very slightly used 2011 Audi S4 in mid 2013, it had been serviced in February 2013 as per the book, then had some new oil put in it in June and it came with an Audi Approved car extended warranty, but it had been serviced when the car called for it on mileage or at 2 years, which I agree is not best plan but I used that "freedom" during the extended warranty period of 3 years and carried out an oil change at its birthday using correct parts, and submitted it for the servicing at the "2 year" period.
So, that meant I kept getting from the dealer 2 service required warnings a year, then an inspection required warning a month after the service date, now who wants/needs to hand their car in during warranty twice in any year just because Audi wanted to force the service and inspection dates apart by a month.

Edit:- oh, and Uncle Arnie will normally not spend much up front on a used car they are selling, hopefully you can carry out your own maintenance and correct all issues from that car's past - been there done that on an old 4K Ibiza my daughter bought via that company, I even had to replace the front discs mainly because one was for the earlier version of Ibiza - I only discovered that when I replaced the pads - and things did not then look right, all servicing of this previously leased car had been done by AC in Liverpool.

Catzeye83

Jun 21, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
If it's a recent purhase of a used car, have you sen sight of the service history? Have the brake fluid changes actually been done in years 3 and 5 for instance? I suspect all they'll be looking to do, as it's thrown in, is an oil and filter change. But then I'm an old cynic.
This is exactly my worry ha, crnt see the brake fluid has been done so will need doing nor can I see

Thanks for this

Catzeye83

Jun 21, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi all just to update on this thread I've checked the service book and it hsnt ever had brake fluid changed nor the air filter, everything else has been done so will be pushing for those to be done along with oil and filter 👍🏻let's hope they play ball, if they due I don't know how they can refuse🤔 thanks again for the info

Reactions: disrepair

Catzeye83

Jun 21, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just wanted to close this thread out, got InTouch with Arnold Clark , turns out the service plan I was sold was only the Arnold clark service plan which means oil and filter change and they will ring me to see if I want to pay to have the rest of the items that need doing done🤣🤣 nothing but crooks haha, in other news I suspect my water pump has started leaking😬😬 will move it over to another thread, thanks again for the Info yous

Reactions: RUM4MO