1.4 Active Cylinder petrol engine

neilmcl

Apr 18, 2004
Quick question for those in the know. Are Seat planning on bringing out the ACT/COD version of the 1.4 TSI petrol with active cylinder management technology? I'm assuming the one they currently have on the new Leon is a standard 140ps TSI unit?

Last edited:

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
According to this report an ACT version of the 1.4 TSi will be released next year. It will be interesting to see how much more it costs than the standard engine - the premium for the Golf version is around £2,800 (I think).

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
According to this report an ACT version of the 1.4 TSi will be released next year. It will be interesting to see how much more it costs than the standard engine - the premium for the Golf version is around £2,800 (I think).

If it's that much you would need to do a lot of miles to recover the extra outlay - perhaps someone can work out exactly how many.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
For that price it sounds almost better to pay £1000 more for a diesel instead!

unclelonghair

Jul 6, 2007
Newcastle upon Tyne
It will be interesting to see how much more it costs than the standard engine - the premium for the Golf version is around £2,800 (I think).

Not sure how you worked that out as it isn't an "option" as such. You can either have an SE with the old TSi 122, or a GT with the new TSi 140 with ACT. There is about £3000 between them in price, but you get more than just a different engine.

In the Golf GT the TSi 140 is £505 cheaper than the TDi 150, which is comparable with the Leon FR. That suggests to me that when they introduce ACT it will be at little or no extra cost.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I don't think they'd simultaneously offer the 140 TSI with and without ACT. I'd read SEAT won't get it at all as the technology is reserved for VW and Audi themselves.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.