1.4 eHybrid 245hp Tuning

Leon245ps

Mar 30, 2022
Thessaloniki, Greece
Hello everyone,
Owner of Leon eHybrid (245hp) vz2 here!
Started this thread in order to discuss some tuning ideas and experiences about our Leons.
I love the car as it is, but I would like some improvement in some parts.

First of all, has anyone heard about a remap of the 1.4 eHybrid model with the 245hp? Maybe the petrol engine could reach 180hp and some NM of torque more with a simple tune, so the 245hp could become 290... maybe?!

Is DSG6-DQ250 the dsg model we have in our eHybrid? If so, I think that it can be tuned, in order to fix those silly downshifts in D mode?

Also, any ideas about the suspension? I feel that it is a little bit too soft, even in the hardest setting (in individual driving mode)... What options in coilovers do we have? Do active aftermarket coilovers (like KW DDC coilovers) work and change their setting through car's settings?

Has anyone fit lowering springs with the manufacturer's coilovers? Would love to see the car a bit dropped (around 20mm front and rear) but I don't think that the suspension would work well...

Looking forward to your opinions!

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
The gearbox model is the DQ400E for the eHybrid.

I have seen some remaps that do exactly what you described. 30 more HP to the engine and about 60 more NM of torque.

With that said, the gearbox’s max allowed torque as stated by VW, is at 400NM, which is exactly what the output of the 245hp hybrid is.
IMO I don’t think it is very wise to exceed the manufacturer’s gearbox torque tolerance figure just for 30hp..

Reactions: Richiepoos
Aug 15, 2023
I found from https://www.automobile-catalog.com/..._formentor_vz_1_4_e-hybrid_245.html#gsc.tab=0
the hp, torque curve for a Cupra Formentor eHybrid 245ps
1693307305467.png

1693307312418.png