1.4 TSI ACT remap

Oct 14, 2021
hi guys, new member with a 17 leon 1.4 ACT 150PS

Looking to get stage 1 remap on it; Have done this with previous diesels and results have been amazing.

Any advice/concerns?

Ive used superchips before they were fine but any recommendations based in north West?

thanks!

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
I'm thinking of doing the same on my Leon 1.4 150hp, I've been looking at two tunes, the Revo stage 1 and also APR stage 1, I'm leaning more towards the APR tune as they do a lower torque tune, so kinder on the standard engine components.
Screenshot_20221002_011108_com.android.chrome.jpg

Reactions: West2729

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
How long have you had the tune John? I'm more worried about the clutch, I haven't read anywhere that says how much it will comfortably handle.

That said I wouldn't be ragging it off the lights trying to beat the boy racers next to me.

What BHP and torque figures are you running John?

Burne

Sep 29, 2022
Hi woz, before my cupra on my wife’s golf mk7 1.4 150 act which had the 7 speed sealed dsg box we had a revo remap for two years and had no issues (so whilst a not direct comparison engine is the same) . We also had the SPS switch so we could dial down/up the map fuel depending of course as the higher maps need 98/99ron. Never had it on the rolling road so can’t verify but it handed the map very well. Most of the time we left it on the lowest tune around 175 290ish nm if I recall. Only other things on the car were a resonator delete and panel filter. I understand your concerns about the gearbox but as long as you don’t have high torque consistently running through then depending on current state it should be ok. As with any map as you know it will always put more strain on the engine so it is a balanced risk but you are doing the right thing by going to a reputable company who would have tested the map to a stringent standard. Whatever your choose all the best.

Reactions: Wilto

john2017

john2017
Jan 1, 2008
Leicestershire
How long have you had the tune John? I'm more worried about the clutch, I haven't read anywhere that says how much it will comfortably handle.

That said I wouldn't be ragging it off the lights trying to beat the boy racers next to me.

What BHP and torque figures are you running John?
Hello, I had the tune about a year and like you am not a boy racer.
For example, in 1997 I had a fabia 1.9 tdi pd100 tuned to 180bhp and 300 lb ft on the 5 speed and it never slipped.
I had several revo tunes and no problems.
Revo's site quotes 178-200ps and 215-241lbft depending on fuel quality and environment conditions. I believe they measure using a hub dyno which is quite accurate.

John

Jan 5, 2023
The gearbox is strong and I have been running revo without issues
hate to pester yourself with sure a basic question , but how is the car now , and how long have you had it remapped for as im thinking of getting mine done soon, thanks in advance

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.