1.4ACT Turbo failure

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Anyone else had issues with their 1.4ACT / 1.4COD? Mines 14 months old and out of the blue the EPC light came on followed by limp mode limiting to 3krpm.

On the following start up there is no lamp but there is also no turbo and the EPC and check engine lights come back on shortly after.

The car is with the dealer and there is a TPI about the issue which must mean there are a few out there. Its the wastegate actuator thats failed or got stuck or something and the TPI mentions replacement of various bits.

Top notch service from Seat Assist who were here within 20 mins to diagnose and then sent a recovery vehicle 30 mins later to collect the car.

Last edited:

DrunknMunky

Jan 25, 2015
The EPC/EML light came on mine a couple of weeks before Christmas.
It was obviously something with the turbo as the performance was rather sluggish (felt like I was driving my wife's Yaris) but luckily it didn't go in to limp mode.
It took two trips to the dealer to have the actuator problem diagnosed and fixed and even then they had it for a week the second time as the wrong part was repeatedly in the box for the right part.

My car was only 8 months old and had done a little over 5000 miles at the time.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.