Seat Leon fr 1.4l turbo actuator

Nov 17, 2023
Had the EPC light coming on randomly over the past few months, was always fine after warming up and restarting but now the check engine light also came on so I took it to get diagnosed at a local place. They have told me the turbo actuator needs replacing the entire turbo.
The car drives completely fine most of the time, and when it does get the EPC light and loses power (seemingly like the turbo is disabled) it works fine after restarting it after like 5 minutes of driving. But I want it fixed before the car gets worse and goes into limp mode especially because the engine could get damaged and I drive to work.

I have been struggling to find the part so if anyone has had the same issue could you tell me the part number or where you got the turbo actuator from. It would be very useful for me thanks.
It’s for a 2018 seat Leon fr 1.4l TSI manual. I’m trying to find an aftermarket one to try save a bit of money.

Attachments

• 1700275239121.gif
    1700275239121.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 77
  • 1700275239174.gif
    1700275239174.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 82
  • 1700275239225.gif
    1700275239225.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 80

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
The most common issue with the turbo actuator is that the linkage gets stuck.

There is a little linkage that goes from the servo to the turbo. Over time it gets gummed or rusted up and jams. When it does the thing won't work and you get the errors you're seeing. This happened on my son's Ibiza a few years ago.

The solution is to get some high-temperature grease, free it off and grease it up. Did this on my son's car and it's been fine ever since though it's a good idea to apply more grease every year or two.

The linkage is hard to see and reach but once you find it just work some grease into it. Try this before replacing expensive parts.

Reactions: Walone

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
What he said 👆
This can mean the actuator fails eventually - but you can buy replacement actuators, don't need a whole turbo!!
First off - as mentioned by Mr Pig service/clean/grease the linkage joint.

Reactions: Mr Pig
Nov 17, 2023
Yeah we tried that but the actuator needs replacing now. I’m just struggling to find the part for a good price right now. It would be helpful if anyone knows where I can get one from. I looked on eBay but they might not fit.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Yeah we tried that but the actuator needs replacing now. I’m just struggling to find the part for a good price right now. It would be helpful if anyone knows where I can get one from. I looked on eBay but they might not fit.
Find your part number and search for the part number on ebay/google

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Pig