1.5 TSI engine issues?

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
Ok, it’s almost 3 years since I defected to a German brand but I still look in occasionally!
My Father-in-law has ordered online a Leon FR 1.5 TSI EVO 130 Manual. It’s a 2020 model with only 3100 miles. It arrives next week, and understandable he’s looking forward to it.
The dealer has contacted him today stating that it has to run on ‘premium’ fuel. (Odd thing to do!)
I have heard that the 1.5TSI has some issues at slow speeds, kangarooing to be precise.
What is the general opinion on this engine here? I wouldn’t expect an honest answer from anyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
You have to ask yourself why is a 2020 model being sold with 3k miles.

and they don’t have to run on premium fuel.
States 95 in fuel cap with 98 in brackets. Will run better on super unleaded i guess.
Hopefully he hasn’t got a kangaroo type.

i had a 130 manual kangaroo and had to get rid.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
You have to ask yourself why is a 2020 model being sold with 3k miles.

and they don’t have to run on premium fuel.
States 95 in fuel cap with 98 in brackets. Will run better on super unleaded i guess.
Hopefully he hasn’t got a kangaroo type.

i had a 130 manual kangaroo and had to get rid.

Lockdown and covid. The mileage on my Golf has dropped below average as I’ve been off work for so long and whilst mine was due to illness, I know of some people with similar low mileages because they’re working from home. As for the kangarooing, I think the newer cars have got the upgraded ecu update to sort it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Lockdown and covid. The mileage on my Golf has dropped below average as I’ve been off work for so long and whilst mine was due to illness, I know of some people with similar low mileages because they’re working from home. As for the kangarooing, I think the newer cars have got the upgraded ecu update to sort it out.

Yeah i wasn’t saying in regards to the mileage being low for the year.

my car has also sat doing very little mileage.

i was just saying for a car to be traded in with 3k miles it’s owner may of chopped it in quick smart.
Or it may legitimately be sitting there.

Compared to the original 1.5 tsi 130 engine code DACA it will be the newer engine code DPBA so may be better, i still believe even the newer engine codes suffer but to a lesser extent.

as they say the proof will be in the pudding!

Reactions: xyz

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Yeah i wasn’t saying in regards to the mileage being low for the year.

my car has also sat doing very little mileage.

i was just saying for a car to be traded in with 3k miles it’s owner may of chopped it in quick smart.
Or it may legitimately be sitting there.

Compared to the original 1.5 tsi 130 engine code DACA it will be the newer engine code DPBA so may be better, i still believe even the newer engine codes suffer but to a lesser extent.

as they say the proof will be in the pudding!

Indeed. Possibly, given some people’s financial situations, they might have had to get rid quick smart. I’m the other way - I’ve saved a ridiculous amount of money on top of paying off both cars so I’m in a position to change. Used car market prices are barmy at the mo - WBAC upped their offer on my Golf by £700 last week but they’ll not be having it - it’ll be sold privately.