1.6 TDI Help

Sep 4, 2020
Hey everyone,

About a month ago I treated myself to a 2011 plate Ibiza CR 1.6 TDI, as an upgrade from my first car.

Today, the DPF light came on, the orange one.

Last week I did an 800 mile round trip, 99% of it on the motorway. The following day, a 100 mile round trip, 99% of it on the motorway as well. Since then I used the car in 3 occasions for short trips (15 minutes town driving), and now the DPF light is on. I cannot make sense of this as the car as been well maintained and had the DPF 100k maintenance done to it last year, having done 10k miles since then.

Do you reckon this is something other than the DPF ******* up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
It could be anything relating to it as well, mine came on for a failed sensor. If you scan it for errors the codes may tell you the cause of the issue. If you are still stuck post the codes and others may be able to help.

Sep 4, 2020
It could be anything relating to it as well, mine came on for a failed sensor. If you scan it for errors the codes may tell you the cause of the issue. If you are still stuck post the codes and others may be able to help.

It got weirder.

The next morning I got to the car to go to work, turn it on and... No light, no regen cycle, no nothing, running smooth as a whistle.

I was visibly confused at this point. But since then, nothing. So good for me I guess.

Crossthreaded

Apr 16, 2019
It got weirder.

The next morning I got to the car to go to work, turn it on and... No light, no regen cycle, no nothing, running smooth as a whistle.

I was visibly confused at this point. But since then, nothing. So good for me I guess.
My boy replaced his Fabia 1.9 tdi PD with a Fabia Scout with this 1.6 CR engine. The 1.9 PD just ran and ran and ran, except for the, well known, injector loom problem which was easy and quite cheap to repair. The 1.6 CR definitely did not - run and run and run that is! Both cars spent a large part of their life on the motorway. The first "big" thing that went wrong with the CR was that it bunged up it's EGR - which surprised me considering the type of journey it was doing. Replacing it was not a nice job to do and quite expensive. It ran for nearly another year until the DPF packed in when he decided to call it a day and replaced it with a KIA RIO diesel which is now about 3 years old and running like a wee Swiss watch.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members