1.8 TSI FF 6MT Boost gauge

rokobaroko

Dec 4, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
Greetings all from Bulgaria.

I couple of weeks ago I took my 1.8TSI FR 6MT my16 with DCC, performance pack (18 inch wheels, bigger central display and panoramic sunroof), OPS and the pack with autolights and darkening rearview mirror(I believe it is called a convenience pack). As I reachead 600 miles a few questions came up to my mind.

I found that I have sport information, i.e. Boost gauge, oil temp, g-force meter, etc. Does all the FR models have it, because I have never a seen a thread before and I think it is only available for the Cupra? I would like to post a picture but so far I have been just reading the forum and I am not allowed to do this.

Next I would like to know if there is a way to play videos, I mean videoclip of a song, if I haven't opted for the Sat Nat.

I have read a thread regarding the folding down mirrors while reversing, but mine are not doing it. I have tried to keep the select button on both mirrors, on the left, right, but nothing is happening. I have also checked my options in the car setup and it is turned on. I am aware that I may see some options that are not available on my car, but can't figure out that.

Next thing is that i ordered the car with alarm. But there is no beep noise when locking or unlocking. How can i check whether i have the alarm or not?

Thank you

Regards,
Rossen

Last edited:

rokobaroko

Dec 4, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
Should I understand that all the FR models do have the sport information, i.e. Boost meter, oil temp, g-force meter, water temp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I think they are part of the FR Dynamic pack or something

Intersting you should mention the mirrors when reversing as i think mine dont do it either, option is on!!

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
G meter and turbo boost pressure can be chosen amongst other things on MY16 Cupra from the car menu, choose sport and you get 3 electronic gauges which your can select what they display. Bit of a gimmick really I never bother having it displayed, I find it more useful to look where I'm going.:shrug:

rokobaroko

Dec 4, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
The interesting part is that it is not a Cupra, but FR. I also have the lap timer, but have never tried it. The boost meter shows the supercharger and turbo boost at the same time. But it can be seen when the turbo kicks in, the meter starts to grow more rapidly.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
The boost thing was added for model year 16 and enabled by default in cupras.

I suspect it can be enabled on the cooking models via vcds. Need to get someone with a MY16 FR or something to have a go.

plain

Mar 10, 2015
How did you access this.

I've got a my16 sc fr1.4 and haven't been able to find this.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
How did you access this.

I've got a my16 sc fr1.4 and haven't been able to find this.

On the Cupra you go into the car menu screen and in the view options choose sport, you then get 3 gauges and you can select what each displays by swiping them up or down to scroll through the choices.

plain

Mar 10, 2015
On the Cupra you go into the car menu screen and in the view options choose sport, you then get 3 gauges and you can select what each displays by swiping them up or down to scroll through the choices.

Yeah not there on my one so the UK fr's don't seem to get it.

rokobaroko

Dec 4, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
Thank guys for the replies.

Any ideas how can I check whether if I have an alarm. The thing that my dealer said, which I have tried, is to get inside the car, lock the gar and move, but guess... Nothing happens. Same as kicking the tyre, leaving the boot open...

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hi Roko, greetings from another Bulgarian owner :) Now that you mention it, I haven't seen my alarm ever activated, so I am wondering if it's working at all... And I have ordered the alarm only because insurance company here require it. If missing they will make you put one in a third-party garage that will fiddle with your cables, drill holes in the dash, etc. Let me know if you find a way to check how to activate the alarm :D

Last edited:

rokobaroko

Dec 4, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
I had a call with my dealer and next week I am going to them in order to check whether everything is ok with the alarm.
I will write back.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I've locked myself in the car with the remote, waited a little for the LED to start blinking, moved inside, created noises... Nothing :( Could this be another VW scandal, a fraud? :D

rokobaroko

Dec 4, 2015
Sofia, Bulgaria
For all of you who are wondering how to test the alarm.

Lock the car as you always do. Wait for the headlights to turn off. Open the door using the key. The locker is hidden under a plastic cap on the door handle. If you look under the door handle you will find a gap and by puting the key in it and lifting the key the plastic cap goes out and you will find the locker. Unlock the car with the key, leave the door for a few seconds and BOOM there is the alarm.

However I can't figure out why opening the hood, trunk, staying in the car, etc. does not enable the car alarm.

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise