1.8TSI 180 or 1.5TSI 150

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I drive both every week. In use you do not even notice the slightly larger screen. The missing buttons are annoying every damn time!

The auto hand brake is not better either. If you're a lazy gadget junkie I'm sure you'll like it but for any keen driver it's worse.

The ibiza has touch buttons around the outsides of the screen, but for my, the screen is on the radio 95% of the time.

I'm not a e.handbrake fan either, or auto lights that have a mind of their own, stop start with the DSG that cuts the engine when youo slow for a speed ramp and don't get me started on the rain sensing wipers, that either are on fast wipe or I can't see where I'm going, so I no longer have intermittent wipers just manual ones., progress.. :banghead:

I think so, the DSG masks the issue from the reports i’ve read.

so manual 130 and 150’s certainly have the issue, my 68 plate 130 was shocking, hence me getting rid of it quick smart.

My 150 DSG hesitates when the engine is cold on very light throttle, but so does the 2.0L DSG and the 3 cylinder Ibiza very slightly..

Reactions: Mr Pig

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
If you just want a nice car to go from a to b i'm sure the 1.4 and 1.5 will be fine and give better mpg. My parents in law have a 1.5 150 manual TRoc, and the engine is quiet and smooth - once you're going! - slight kangarooing but better fuel helped this car and you can learn to drive around the jerking - pulling away quicker helped make it smoother. Only jerked in first gear and worse when cold.

If you have an eye on tuning then definitely the 1.8 and 2.0 TSI, 180 & 190 as they are both very much de-tuned/restricted from the factory. Re-mapping these gives huge increases especially in torque. Also have better rear suspension, bigger diameter dampers (which give better control without harshness) bigger brakes, stronger clutch/gearbox.

Reactions: G.P and Mr Pig