1.9 105bhp

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
I'm about to have a new Altea (company car) - a 1.9 105bhp. When I had one on demo for a couple of days, compared to my current 2litre 140 Altea, its really crap! I can't have it mapped properly as its a leased car - huge issues should something go wrong, so I'm going to put a Tunit box on it as I've had good experience with them in the past. Anyone got any experience of a tuned/chipped 1.9 105?
Cheers.

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
If you say you've had good experience with boxes fair enough, personally I wouldn't let one within ten feet of any car of mine

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Because of the way they work mate. Do a search for "tuning boxes", you'll find plenty of reasons to avoid.

I know bluefin and some revo maps can revert back to standard very easily mate, might be a worth looking into them instead.

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Well, all I can say is, I had a Toledo 110tdi 9 years ago, fitted a Webcon Torqumaster box at 2k miles & for the following 110k miles in three years I drove the car like it was stolen! Today, the car is still going well, done over 200k miles & still has the box fitted! I have a digital Tunit box and it will only cost me £80 to get it reconfigured for the 1.9 and a new loom. Yes a proper re-map is by far the best, but its not my car so I'm not in a position to do that. I agree the shitty 50p resistor plug in things and the cheaper boxes are rubbish, but the Tunit box is £400 with loads of them sold.

Last edited:

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Your decision at the end of the day mate, but for that sort of money I'd personally look into a map that you can revert to standard when you need to; IE. any problems, services etc

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
Like I said, its only costing me £80 to get the Tunit box reprogrammed to suit the 1.9 - can't get much of a remap for £80... The beauty of the Tunit boxes is that they are adjustable, have a port on them to plug in a laptop for setting up, etc. They aint a 50p resistor in a box! At the end of the day its a leased/company car, all I want it to do is go better, I couldnt care less about any harm it may do to it, friggin thing will cost me enough in income tax!!

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Just to mention it:

The GT1646V turbos on those 105bhp cars are really crap. they fail very often even on stock cars.

I think i had at least 5 or 6 of them in the last time, the compressor wheel bursts up completely.

If you now treat the "sh+t" out of this engine with a fooling tuning box, i guess this wont prolong the life of the charger...

But anyway, do it, and have fun as long as it holds up*g*

Regards, Alex

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise