1.9tdi (150hp) starting problems after tuning

Sep 4, 2019
Hello
First i appologise for bad english and i must say, that his forum save my ass manny times with help on car problems

Lets get to my newest problem
I have Seat leon m1 (2002) 1.9tdi top sport (150hp) fwd
3month back i decide for little hp upgrade, from original 150hp to 195hp with egr and cat removal
Now i notice starting problems when car sits more than 8-10 hours butt not allways, like it wants to start butt cannot, so it need 2-3 start attempts and when finaly starts, runs werry rough for short time
I allready change rubber seals on injektors, new fuel filter and eaven fitted non return valve on fuel line
Now my question is, its possible that person who done tuning did something wrong ?
Also i notice watter temp rising faster than before tuning

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hello
First i appologise for bad english and i must say, that his forum save my ass manny times with help on car problems

Lets get to my newest problem
I have Seat leon m1 (2002) 1.9tdi top sport (150hp) fwd
3month back i decide for little hp upgrade, from original 150hp to 195hp with egr and cat removal
Now i notice starting problems when car sits more than 8-10 hours butt not allways, like it wants to start butt cannot, so it need 2-3 start attempts and when finaly starts, runs werry rough for short time
I allready change rubber seals on injektors, new fuel filter and eaven fitted non return valve on fuel line
Now my question is, its possible that person who done tuning did something wrong ?
Also i notice watter temp rising faster than before tuning
It's possible that they didn't do a good job of the cold start map. It's hard to say really. Do you have any fault codes?

Sep 4, 2019
It's possible that they didn't do a good job of the cold start map. It's hard to say really. Do you have any fault codes?

Local mechanic said there was watter temp sensor fault code and some others, butt nothing strange its said
Te biggest problem here is, that this is not happening allways
I will upload video the next time when starting problem occure

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Local mechanic said there was watter temp sensor fault code and some others, butt nothing strange its said
Te biggest problem here is, that this is not happening allways
I will upload video the next time when starting problem occure
I was going to suggest the water temp sensor, so i'd definitely change that.

That sensor is probably telling the engine it is hot, so when the engine is cold it's not injecting enough fuel to start it properly. They are cheap and easy to change.

Reactions: PRIMOŽ VERBOVŠEK
Sep 4, 2019
I was going to suggest the water temp sensor, so i'd definitely change that.

That sensor is probably telling the engine it is hot, so when the engine is cold it's not injecting enough fuel to start it properly. They are cheap and easy to change.
Thank you for sugestion
I will tell my mechanic to check or change sensor

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise