12 Volt positive from Ignition

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Hi all,
Need some help please?
My wife has a 04 plate Altea 2.0 FSI Sport that has a Nokia Hands Free Kit feed from the Cigarette Lighter 12 Volts. This is Always on (even when there is no key in the ignition)
Her new Nokia now says enhancement not supported when she connects the phone. I believe for the new phone to be recognised correctly that the phone needs to be in the HFK cradle before it is powered up, therefore I need a 12V from the ignition to enable the HFK after the ignition is switched on.

Any ideas?

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
What year is the car??

I assume it us the Older type like mine with the constant 12v on the power sockets.

If so you will have to take a switched 12v line out of the fuse box.

The dealer did mine for me, so i am not entirely sure which line he tapped into. Although i am almost certain it was the one for the heated seats.... (as i don't have them)

Dont forget to fuse up any additional 12v supplies you use in your car.

Hope that helps!

Chris

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Hi all,
Need some help please?
My wife has a 04 plate Altea 2.0 FSI Sport that has a Nokia Hands Free Kit feed from the Cigarette Lighter 12 Volts. This is Always on (even when there is no key in the ignition)
Her new Nokia now says enhancement not supported when she connects the phone. I believe for the new phone to be recognised correctly that the phone needs to be in the HFK cradle before it is powered up, therefore I need a 12V from the ignition to enable the HFK after the ignition is switched on.

Any ideas?

Hi,
I wouldn't be so sure that not having ign switch feed to the HFK is necessarily your problem.
If it is a CK-7W and an early version, then you may get this message as some later phones may not be sup[ported by early CK-7W kit.
However, it is good practice to use ign sense, the only ign switched feed that I managed to get is with key in full on ign position - 1st posn seems to be ign sense via CAN bus!
I took a feed from the back of the fuse box, of course you need to fit a small (low current in line fuse.

John.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.