18" Wheels - how should i test they have been put on properly?

Jan 13, 2008
Right, when I pick up my car how do I know that they are in fact 18's and not 17's. Apparently they are being switched to 18's from 17's at the dealership. So, I suppose a second question would be how should i test that the wheels have been put on properly?

With the first question I'm assuming that 18's will look like this:

and 17's will look like this:

They are supposed to be the andromeda's (as I've found on the seat website) so should look like the first pic right? :redface:

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
Right, when I pick up my car how do I know that they are in fact 18's and not 17's. Apparently they are being switched to 18's from 17's at the dealership. So, I suppose a second question would be how should i test that the wheels have been put on properly?

With the first question I'm assuming that 18's will look like this:

and 17's will look like this:

They are supposed to be the andromeda's (as I've found on the seat website) so should look like the first pic right? :redface:

Check the tyre size that'll tell you

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
I suppose a second question would be how should i test that the wheels have been put on properly?
:

Rag it. If you feel like you are driving over a cobbled highstreet, they've not been put on correctly ;)

Also, if a wheel falls off, then that wasn't put on correctly either.

Last edited:

Gizzer

Apr 24, 2008
Hampshire
On a serious note, they only make the Andromeda's (your top picture) in 18" (as far as I know) so if you see those, you have the correct upgrade. :)

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
take a tape measure with ya dude :p

yeah as Gizzer said above the andromeders are the 18's upgrade for the FR. appart from the style the other most noticable difference is that the std wheels are shinny silver whilst the andromeders are mid-grey in colour

good choice on the wheels :lol:
cheers,
g

smilley792

May 1, 2008
just looka t the tyres, it will say what size they are.

i thought everyone knew that.

wouldbe wise to check the bolts though,

Jan 13, 2008
Some people have said it states the tyre size on the tyres. Do you mean actually on the tyre and not the alloy? My current wheels certainly do not state the tyre size anywhere.

Thanks for feedback so far.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
on the side of every TYRE, it will have the TYRE size, so 225/40/18 for 18 inch wheels/tyres, or 225/45/17 for 17inch wheels/tyres. I dont see why its such an issue, as said above, those wheels above only come in one particular size each.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.