Reverse Light/ESP Button/Interior Sensors Not Working

Nov 5, 2022
I've got a few codes that are cropping up - actually been present for the ownership of the car, mostly.

My mate told me my reverse light was out - bulb and fuse didn't sort that. Then I read on here somewhere that fuse 17 (or 4) was responsible for certain things like: alarm horn, interior monitoring sensors, reverse light/switch and ESP button. All the codes I have.

But the reverse light is a new development. Dash says rear left fog light bulb is out - is that the same as my reverse light?

Is there a specific relay for this or should I be looking more towards a possible wiring issue?

Apr 1, 2023
I've got a few codes that are cropping up - actually been present for the ownership of the car, mostly.

My mate told me my reverse light was out - bulb and fuse didn't sort that. Then I read on here somewhere that fuse 17 (or 4) was responsible for certain things like: alarm horn, interior monitoring sensors, reverse light/switch and ESP button. All the codes I have.

But the reverse light is a new development. Dash says rear left fog light bulb is out - is that the same as my reverse light?

Is there a specific relay for this or should I be looking more towards a possible wiring issue?
I'll take a look in my haynes manual if I can remember where it is! Might be a few wiring diagrams that could help you if needs.

Can't say I look at the back of my car too often but i'm sure you're right saying that the reverse is on the left/ symmetrical to where the fog is on the other side

Nov 5, 2022
I'll take a look in my haynes manual if I can remember where it is! Might be a few wiring diagrams that could help you if needs.

Can't say I look at the back of my car too often but i'm sure you're right saying that the reverse is on the left/ symmetrical to where the fog is on the other side
I think I've worked out that my reverse switch on the gearbox has a missing wire to it. So will replace the connector, but it's rock solid with oil and dirt at the moment.
Still, it's weird that all the other errors are to do with that one fuse 🤔

Apr 1, 2023
I think I've worked out that my reverse switch on the gearbox has a missing wire to it. So will replace the connector, but it's rock solid with oil and dirt at the moment.
Still, it's weird that all the other errors are to do with that one fuse 🤔
Seems unlikely but you never know I suppose, I know when I had issues with my UIP sensors, one of the sensors, had become dislodged from it's original position, which was causing the alarm to go crazy, but pretty sure they were all on different fuses, think I ended up just taking the normal horn fuse out lmao

Apr 1, 2023
Also just as a heads up, reversing lamps are part of the MOT, and can fail for being inoperative. Some MOT testers either don't realize or don't even check it, but
1681239374298.png
some do and will fail it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise