184 Remap questions

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
Morning all,

I was just wondering who had the 184 Fr remapped and if so by who, petrol side of things i would talk to R Tech, heard a few things about Darkside. But i have also seen APR do software and a local performance place has said they can offer a ecotech map.

I am worried about too much torque and the clutch etc.

Whats people experiences and views?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
I went with Revo for mine, expensive but they seemed to be trusted so thought why not. Ended up with 234bhp and 538nm. Makes such a difference even though I'm sitting on the motorway 99% of the time it's nice to be able to overtake in seconds if you want and the odd blast of acceleration getting up to speed.

This is on a DSG box too. If i'm not mistaken the DSG can handle slightly more torque than the manual so you might get different results or consider a different map.

Reactions: tee and Woody_72

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
Thanks for that, heard a few thing about "More-BHP" as well, if i opted for a map i would not want to push the clutch to the limit. Mine is manual.

Last edited:

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Petrol fr 1.8 tsi manual mapped by apr from 180 to 253hp 376nm. Havent had any clutch issues all good so far, cant comment on tye diesel version

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Where are you based? don't be tempted to go for one of these local man with a van types as 99% of them are selling rubbish.

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
@AndrewJB certainly would not be tempted with one of those, nor a summer special clean and £120 map :LOL:, I am based in South Yorkshire, so just down the road is Darkside, Awesome GTI isnt that far but i have not heard about their own TDI maps. just wanted to gather if others had 2.0 TDi mapped.

Sjdickso

Apr 21, 2005
Darkside all day long then mate! this is their bread and butter.

Looking on the web seen a few mixed reviews but then again, who ever praises a place all the time, TBH i had a bad customer experience at another tuner who is known for mapping vags / seats etc. it wasn't a map it was some other work I would not go back but loads say they are the best thing ever.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I've had the same in my 15 years, local guy who is really recommended, fitted a SMF and clutch to my old MK2 FR and left 3 gearbox bolts out.

I had a falling out with Darkside, well basically a mate of mine was commenting loads of rubbish on their Facebook and they banned me as well, but I've been talking to them recently again.

I'd go with Darkside if it was me.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise