POOR FUEL CONSUMPTION

Feb 11, 2024
Hi folks,

Purchased my 2019 seat Leon fr 190 in September.
For the second time I’ve had a sudden massive decrease in MPG.
I average around 35mpg day to day, this has halved to about 17-20mpg. No changes in driving habits. Same thing happened just before Christmas, managed to fix it by getting a “fuel system clean” by a local garage, they added something to the tank and did something the oil.
Same thing has happened again. My question is does anybody else experience this same issue?
My assumption is that I may need to start using the “super” fuel at the petrol station. I was certain that I could use the basic stuff but perhaps not.
Anybody have any advice?
Cheers

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi folks,

Purchased my 2019 seat Leon fr 190 in September.
For the second time I’ve had a sudden massive decrease in MPG.
I average around 35mpg day to day, this has halved to about 17-20mpg. No changes in driving habits. Same thing happened just before Christmas, managed to fix it by getting a “fuel system clean” by a local garage, they added something to the tank and did something the oil.
Same thing has happened again. My question is does anybody else experience this same issue?
My assumption is that I may need to start using the “super” fuel at the petrol station. I was certain that I could use the basic stuff but perhaps not.
Anybody have any advice?
Cheers
Sorry to hear of your problem, try posting in the Mk3 Leon threads of the SEAT car forums, as this forum is for website faults etc, not for car faults,

Reactions: Jamiegall1993
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members