1999 Alhambra Owner's Manual

Gorbachov

Aug 28, 2012
Hello Guys,
After two days searching for manual, only item i found is pretty big but Russian document describing numerous areas.
I will be happy if someone can guide me where i can find an English owner's manual for 1999 Alhambra.

I can share the Russian one, if it is helping :)

Cheers
Yasen

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
What knd of manual are you looking for ( vehicle manual or workshop type manual )?
I find the Haynes Ford Galaxy manual good for most of the electrical, bodywork and mechanical sections. The only things that they are no good for on the Alhambra are the engine and gearbox sections as these are Ford items. For these I use a Haynes Volkswagen manual relating to the engine type.

Last edited:

Gorbachov

Aug 28, 2012
Hello 90landrover,
I am rather interested in vehicle manual, i have bunch of questions about all this features the car has and if i start asking one by one it will take ages :)
Like why the back door is locked in a movement, how the cruze control is working and RES is related to it, what it MF1 MF2 etc.

Regards,
Yasen

90landrover

Jul 1, 2008
Rhondda,S Wales
Back door locks to stop anyone opening it and stealing items from the boot at junctions or traffic lights. Cruise control ( CC ) operates this way. Ensure switch on CC stalk is in the "OFF" position. Drive car up to speed required to cruise at and move switch to the left and press the set button on the end of the stalk in once. Take foot off accelerator pedal - vehicle should now cruise at desired speed with foot off throttle. If you press button on end of stalk in whilst in CC mode then speed increases in 3 MPH increments for each press of the button.To disengage CC either press brake or clutch or throttle pedal and CC will disengage if you then want to get back to pre set CC speed move the stalk switch to the left (RET) once and speed should reset. You can also disengage by moving stalk switch to the right. MF stands for multi function and these buttons (MF1 and MF2 ) operate the readout in the display on the right of the speedo housing. You can scroll through Average speed. Miles per gallon, Distance travelled, Time of journey and oil temperature. MF 2 will give you a second set of readings that you can re set.

Gorbachov

Aug 28, 2012
Hello 90landrover,
Really appreciate the info, it is really usefull.

One more question about the CC.
So in general the RES button has to be on possition OFF.
When I want to use the CC, i put the RES on possition ON and then use the SET. In addition i can use the RES button and gently move it to right/left to accelerate or decelerate?

It seems i have one q for MF as well. Really nice tool, MF1 is like from the build of the car? And MF2 is resetable, how i can reset it?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Does your indicator/climate control stalk look like this one?

If so it is like the one fitted to the Seat Leon Mk.1 based on the Golf Mk.4, and you can read the operating instructions in the Leon manual, which Lee69 hosts a pdf copy of here.

Page 2.101 for cruise control.

MFA instructions, page 2.8 onwards. You can reset either memory set by pressing and holding the reset button.

Gorbachov

Aug 28, 2012
This is more than enough!

The CC is similar to this one, so the manual will fit ;)
I have what to read.

Cheers![B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members