19's need new wheels bolts? Help!

milesyboy1

Jun 29, 2006
St.Helens
Posting this in the leon forum as you guys probably have a bit more experience.. :)

I've just bought some 19's (Kahn RSV 8.5/et45/235/35/19) for my Altea sport but when I tried these with the standard bolts they only just fit on to the hub through the wheel. Is this the case when fitting all 19" alloys? Also what fitting of longer bolts will I need to get? anyone recommend somewhere I can get these? :clap:

Cheers, Miles

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Posting this in the leon forum as you guys probably have a bit more experience.. :)

I've just bought some 19's (Kahn RSV 8.5/et45/235/35/19) for my Altea sport but when I tried these with the standard bolts they only just fit on to the hub through the wheel. Is this the case when fitting all 19" alloys? Also what fitting of longer bolts will I need to get? anyone recommend somewhere I can get these? :clap:

Cheers, Miles

wherever you bought the wheels from should be able to get you longer bolts.

it depends how far the nut head sits into the centre of the alloys...some of the designs the bolts sit right in so dont need longer ones.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
They are going to be taper bolts rather than radius bolts that are standard on your car.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
I noticed that the bolts supplied with my 19" BBS CK's are slighty longer than the standard ones.

Give Rimstyle a call they may be able to help. Demon Tweeks or Ripspeed may also be worth a try.

Big_Mikey_G

Jul 30, 2009
Birmingham
Thought the M12 X 1.5 was a strange pitch thread for an M12 since 1.5 is an intermediate thread for an M12 and i thought it would have been a fine pitch which is 1.25.

Looking at the Seat fitting guide the bolts look model dependant. They require either M12 x 1.5 or M12 x 1.25.

Im sure techie knows what he means when he says its an M12 x 1.5.

However, if it was a 1.5 TPI pitch the bolt would be a radius bolt. The taper bolts are only used on the 1.25 TPI fine pitch threads.

You should be able to find some more info here.

http://www.priracing.com/section.php/396/1/thread-guide

Hope it helps.

Mike

Last edited:

milesyboy1

Jun 29, 2006
St.Helens
Balls! I've just bought some this morning off ebay. After checking, all the VAG cars are down as M14x1.5. for every seller. Will these fit or should I reorder with M12? Thanks, Miles:(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.