1st report on SX

blackwidow

Ok..

Had the car a few weeks now and so far i've managed to drive it to the garage to get the belts and chains changed and on Saturday we went to Bedford to give it a bit of a work over....

It's 'different'.... Im used to having RWD track cars so it was a bit of an experience. But it still made me smile, and then i overtook an F430 on the straight at which point I was concentrating so ard on not pissing myself laughing that I nearly binned it at the end of the straight, also managed to get a 996GT3RS, so all in all it was a good day.
If someone can point me in the direction of the instructions on how to post video clips I'll pop the "passing moves" up!

As I understand it the car used to belong to "Toxxin" so if you're out there is there anychance you can get in touch I have some questions about the springs...

blackwidow

2nd report... the car is good for a sub 9:30 BtG at the 'ring.... Need to get some decent tyres on it though.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Hello! :)

I've been talking about my old Cordy to my mates, and by chance I get sent a pic of it from the Ring and then I get pointed to this thread!

Any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll let you know all I know! I saw you whizzing down the A428 early one morning, it was good to see she's being put to good use! :D

Oh and m0rk, nice motor! I saw it the other day, I like!

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Aye and my mate Mark bought it from you Tom. I think we agreed it must have been a sister car to the old rally Ibiza being as the reg's were so close.

boyced

Oct 27, 2005
blackwidow said:
Ok..

Had the car a few weeks now and so far i've managed to drive it to the garage to get the belts and chains changed and on Saturday we went to Bedford to give it a bit of a work over....

I think Ross changed these when Toxxin had the car?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I got the cambelt, aux belt and PAS belt done at work, at an astonishing labour rate of £12.54.

I'm sure this was noted in the service book too! :s

boyced

Oct 27, 2005
toXXin said:
I got the cambelt, aux belt and PAS belt done at work, at an astonishing labour rate of £12.54.

I'm sure this was noted in the service book too! :s

I think it was, there was also an invoice for the parts in there!

still got your 'raddo?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I know it was, I watched the tech do it :)

Nah got rid of the moneypit 'Rado before it crippled me. Managed to make a profit on it, which was nice! :)

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I spent a fair bit on it, yet I sold it for what I paid, plus the costs of the repairs, plus a bit more.

Not that hard to understand, is it? ;)

blackwidow

F2 Stu,

Can I ask you what the suspension set up is on your car?... it looks a lot more poised on the track thna mine does. Also looks like you dont need a step ladder to get into it!!

I have just come back from the ring (again) met up with a whole load of the northloop guys who were happy to see marks old car still out there giving it death with the best of them. And the crowds at Brunchen seem to appreciate the fact that it squeels like a banshee on heat coming down the hill...and back up the hill, and everywhere else the road isnt straight!!

I still need to get the ARB's sorted I have tried to find someone to even entertain the idea of upgrading the rears so any help is most welcome.?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
blackwidow said:
F2 Stu,

Can I ask you what the suspension set up is on your car?... it looks a lot more poised on the track thna mine does. Also looks like you dont need a step ladder to get into it!!

It has 1 year old -40mm springs on it! :confused:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.