2 wierd problems?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
ok so went to post office today
i have just a tiny bit under a quarter tank left
went in post office, came out, started her up and it was on close to empty, went to petrol station, put in £10 and suddenly had just under half tank?
WTF???? so i did have petrol, was really wierd, no leak or nothing?

also past week or 2, when i put her to second notch before turning over, the oil light keeps flashing, but when on no lights (except stupid handbrake light, and it isn't brake fluid level, as i have a mk3 centre console, the handbrake switch is loose or something, it's not affecting nothing :))
anywhoo, why is oil light flashing? this isn't normal right? :confused:

thanks in advance :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
not really, slight angle to side (camber of road)
but if that was the case it would of went back to normal when i started it right? i turned on and off few times :confused:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Your car is just sad it isnt getting its new shoes

Ollie

she already had a bitch fit when i went over some speed bumps, rocking like a ship!

maybe the float got stuck in the petrol tank it happend to me

if you know what i mean lol

nope...you lost the plot kezz :p

na i know what you mean, i thought that too, and the new petrol pushed it up? but thought naa lol

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Mk2's pretty constant but the MK3 is up and down like a yo yo, can do a journey flat out and it will fly down, but pootle home and you can visably watch it rise.

As above......................................... its an IBIZA!!!!!!!!

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
get those wheels on and all the faults will just fade away because you wont care as it looks so good!! [B)] sorted. i think the dodgy float is one of the many ibiza trate`s, is it not? even us mere 1.4`s suffer with it!

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
i had a argument with some ladies at sainsburys after putting in £20 and my gauge not going up, i put another £5 in wit the store manager watching ( after i requested he came :whistle:) and it went up happy days :D

jordywood

dodgy float, i get the same problem even on a slight camber sideways, quarter of a tank can disapear instantly n get stuck till u fill up , very alarming

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
thanks boys, so not just me :)
i **** myself, thinking "fuel leak" as i had quarter of a tank :cry: lol

also any idea's on the oil light when not started :confused:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
ok thanks mate, i was shitting myself for that too, as i thought "don't tell me i got an oil leak too?" lol

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Well, my car when i start it up in the morning from cold flashes like twice then goes out. The oil pressure switches are about a fiver each if you wanted to check thats all it was one of mine sprang a leak last year. Or just find someone close to you and borrow theres for a few seconds. To swap them you just need a big spanner.

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
On the ABF seems theyre all on top of the oil filter housing, you'll probably have 3, one of them will be a sensor with two wires into it rather than a switch with one. as you have the ABF with mfa i assume.
919600.png

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.