+20 bhp modules

cyclops

hi folks. newbie here. not long had my leon and starting with the cheapest mods 'cause the mrs is bigger than me. lol. can anyone tell me anything about these +20 bhp modules that are on ebay. according to a mate they could harm the engine. he reckons its about the same as running an engine with the choke out constantly???? any advice would be great. thanks

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
load of rubbish , wouldnt touch them with a barge pole , get a map if u want to see any gains , dunno about harming the engine , they are just resistors that dont do feck all

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Cheap? Once you have knackered your engine, or fryed the ECU with what is essentially a 50p resistor, you are looking at thousands.
Better of paying a one of big lump of £350+ and get a remap that will be warrantied by the remap company.

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
Personally, I wouldn't touch something like that - you just don't know what they're going to do - and when it goes wrong (and it probably will) you'll have no recourse....

A proper remap would be more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
according to a mate they could harm the engine. he reckons its about the same as running an engine with the choke out constantly???? any advice would be great. thanks

Sounds about right, I think you can pick them up for approx 2p or so from RS.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
hehe i remember my friends old metro with a choke,
yank it up while driving the car rockets off!
probably not good for the car mind, was fun tho :p

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Load of rubbish. Only any use if you live in a 40 degree+ climate.

If its of any interest you are paying for a 2p 4.7k ohm, 1/2 watt resistor.

I tried it, just made my car run ****.

Get yourself a remap, worth every penny

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.