Many thanks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Does anyone know for a good quality replacement for part numbers

1J0145834AE
1J0145834AA.

Sadly discontinued by vehicle manufacturer

Many thanks

I replaced the turbo side hose (the one that connects to the pancake pipe) a few years ago with a Febi one and that's been absolutely fine. The quality seems to be the same as OEM and they're generally readily available on eBay for a lot less than the OEM ones.

A couple of years ago I was having some real trouble tracking down boost leaks and the cause of some engine hesitation, so you know I wouldn't stand for it if the Febi one wasn't performing!

If the pipe isn't physically separating, and you don't have issues with the nubs being worn down, you can replace the seals with a decent quality o-ring. You can also hold things together with a jubilee clip so you can still drive it without issue. I just prefer things to be put together the way they came out of the factory.

Lots of aftermarket silicone options, or even hard pipes, but they can be expensive and it depends whether you're just keeping the car running, or if you want to eventually get more power, when it comes to deciding what route you want to take there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: simmings