2004 ibiza 3 door locking issue's

May 20, 2022
Hi all,

my ibiza wouldn't lock from the door cylinder when i bought the car, i don't have a remote central locking key just a plain on with no buttons, so i couldnt lock the car at all. i did loads of searches but most people had RCL problems.

I bought a repair kit and fixed the door cylinder, now my car will lock and unlock the drivers door only. the central locking switch on the door card will lock and unlock 3 doors the car also when the key is removed from the ignition all 3 doors unlock.

I have done a Vag com scan and i have no faults presently, i had a few previously but i put them down to the fuse being removed for the central locking by previous owner.

i did a scan today with the repaired door cylinder in and fuse inserted as the locking was still not working all 3 doors, it had one code that i didnt jot down as i was hoping when i cleared it the locking would work again! it didn't. the description was something like drivers door lock/mechanisim signal implausible but yet it still locks from the switch?

So currently if i want to lock my car i have to push the locking button on the doorcard then get out ad lock the drivers door with the key all doors are then locked.

anyone have this problem before? my best guess is i need a new mechanisim?

Thanks

May 20, 2022
the central locking worked briefly yesterday from the key cylinder locking unlocking all doors, stopped working again, only code on vag com now is 00928. is it stripping down the door and inspecting the locking mechanism or should i just order a new one?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members