2007 Leon 2.0TDi 'Stylance'

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Does that have a built in amp? Looks a tidy sub, really like alpine stuff also JL audio make really good subs and speakers.

Yeah, it's all built in. And a wired remote (not that I've ever used it once I'd set it up). It also meant I could turn off the tiny door speakers which do little but rattle the door panels.

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Its been a little while since I last updated and that because nothing has happened!

Im sat with my fingers over the purchase button on the turbo, the only thing holding me back is the concern that the extra power destorys the clutch and I also need to buy an upgraded one of them and that would be around another £1000...

That said I may buy the turbo now as its quite a bit cheaper with current offers and then when I can afford the clutch get the turbo fitted and go from there. Darkside say its pretty much 50/50 whether I need a clutch, some are fine some not so much but id rather have the money to hand to upgrade it should i need to than have the car off the road.

Should be making a call shortly, and its likely i'll be ordering the ALK and ARB at the same time so much shiny new stuff should be arriving.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Darkside say its pretty much 50/50 whether I need a clutch, some are fine some not so much but id rather have the money to hand to upgrade it should i need to than have the car off the road.

You would still be able to drive the car. My stock clutch held 330bhp, started slipping when I went 2+. I drove it for about 2-3 months whilst I waited for Helix to sort the backlog out. It'll only slip where the torque exceeds what the clutch can hold. So I could still put down 300+ bhp.

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
You would still be able to drive the car. My stock clutch held 330bhp, started slipping when I went 2+. I drove it for about 2-3 months whilst I waited for Helix to sort the backlog out. It'll only slip where the torque exceeds what the clutch can hold. So I could still put down 300+ bhp.

Good to know... I wonder what the limits are on the clutches?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Good to know... I wonder what the limits are on the clutches?

Pot luck really. But I was Stage 2 / 330bhp for about a year. And when they took my old clutch out (despite slipping on the dyno after 2+) they said it had no noticeable wear on it.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Yeah, I guess my nerves are from the age, its done 117k on the current clutch, its totally fine currently. I guess we have always deiven quite carefully and arent very hard on the clutch so id hope its okay for a while at least.

Just asked Darkside a couple more questions.... could be a done deal this afternoon....

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Does anyone know if the R36 Passat ARB will fit the Leon? It seems to suggest it will fit the mk 5 golf so I figure it will.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
So by way of update... just paid up for this...

c7d7d454d77acbdaf9346b0d561921dd.jpg

Just trying to sort out a date to get it fitted, might also get the induction kit and Turbo Intake Pipe upgraded at the same time.

Beans on toast for the foreseeable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Oops....

2cf2c4b0129c7b246f3f19caa0c7c481.jpg

Looks like the car will be booked in for the week if the meet, possibly the Friday. Just waiting on confirmation, should be pretty pokey after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So you turning up all depends on the car being fit lol you'll need to be careful driving for a while I assume...

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
So you turning up all depends on the car being fit lol you'll need to be careful driving for a while I assume...

Pretty much, they need it for 3 days and its currently booked in for 3rd-5th Jan.... Not sure I would assume it will need a bit of time to bed in.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Pretty much, they need it for 3 days and its currently booked in for 3rd-5th Jan.... Not sure I would assume it will need a bit of time to bed in.
That's tight! Good luck lol So you running with the standard clutch till you need a new one I assume... Which you might not.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
That's tight! Good luck lol So you running with the standard clutch till you need a new one I assume... Which you might not.

Yeah im going to see how we go, if it needs one I'll get it done, but hoping I can get away with it.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Good luck mate, nice derv project! The clutch on my old civic 2.2 diesel slipped after going stage 2 but they are notorious for having chocolate clutches allthough it slipped for 2.5 years its still usable to this day lol

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Good luck mate, nice derv project! The clutch on my old civic 2.2 diesel slipped after going stage 2 but they are notorious for having chocolate clutches allthough it slipped for 2.5 years its still usable to this day lol

Cheers, yeah the only time ive ever had clutch slip was when a clutch was totally burned out (not in this car i should add).

Worst case I'll have to manage the slip for a while.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
They need the car for 3 days and i'll only get it back on the Saturday so it might mean I wont make it. Still I'll aim to make the next one...

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
They need the car for 3 days and i'll only get it back on the Saturday so it might mean I wont make it. Still I'll aim to make the next one...

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members