2010 facelift LED interior and rear number plate lights

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Ok people I'm looking for some guidance.

Now don't bother with the usual "use the search function" comments as I've already done that and there's so many threads giving different answers. So I'm looking for 100% definate, already done answers.

I'm just looking for which bulb goes where and where to buy them. My car has the factory xenons if that makes any difference.

I'd like to start with the rear plate light first.

Anyone help???

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I don't think there are any LED rear number plate bulbs that 100% work. I have some LED ones and then scotchlocked a set of standard w5w inside the rear bumper so I have no errors. Nath has the same.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
An currently waiting for a new type from parts u like hopefully then work

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
What ones will I need for the full interior???

Can someone post up a full list??? It could then be made a sticky for everyone to see.

You will need 3 x 501 reading lights , and 4 festoons for the sunvisor and rear

1 x 501 for the glove box and 1 x festoon for the boot

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
all my interior bulbs were from parts you like, they dont have any sensors so dont throw up any faults so no need for specific ones thou I believe they do a kit

Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
i think on some cars the reading lights are different, have a look at yours and if you have 3 501 then my list is correct, when you order from them just mention what you have and he will change it

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Interested in this thread as I'd like to change mine too but previous experience just gave warnings on every one I changed, the only one I have changed successfully is the one in the boot.

Think I read somewhere about the wrong type of LED can get really hot and burnout possibly causing damage, don't really want that to happen so would be good to get something that works consistently.

euanmfr

I've just replaced all my interior bulbs with the pack from partsulike, they're all working but now the courtesy lights don't come on when the doors open (they work individually though). I saw a thread where a lad had the same problem but on an Alahmbra and he just needed to replace a thread. LEDs do make a massive difference though and look great. Ps did the same for the number plate bulbs and no probs with them

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Any updates on this from anyone who's had any success? I tried some ebay jobbies a few weeks back advertised as error free, they weren't :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.