2019 Seat Arona front doors speakers replacement

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
Just to make sure that I'm not making wrong assumptions ......do you have this kind of infotainement display?

11.jpg

Jul 14, 2021
Preston
Just to make sure that I'm not making wrong assumptions ......do you have this kind of infotainement display?

View attachment 26116
This is the same unit the media plus pack,

I know the screen isn't the sender for the sound so the way the optisound works is its switched on when needed and when you set it up you set everything to 0db because the Vibe 4 channel amp is doing the work and is plugged in between the MMI amp and the cars loom so the amp flows 1 way which is out to the speakers not back into the MMI amplifier so By all rights if I Splice the 2 frequencies together and then splice them into the vibe amps fR+/- and F/L +/- channel this will amplify the same channel it was amplifying in the first place (tweeters which aren't installed as I removed) and it will amplify the full frequency for the door speakers which are being missed due to the quadlock setup a i'm not splicing the loom I'm splicing the T-harness and it doesn't require me to adapt any software worst it will do Is blow thebvibe amps fuse no damage will be done to the actual cars MMI

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Unless you used a VCDS and such to re-program the MMI built in DSP it's not possible that you get line level (called also low level or pre amp level) signal/s from the MMI's Quadloc connector.

That's the interesting bit... I don't know how proprietary that is but that's how the fitted outboard amplifiers do it. Re the other thread and the long string:

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
This is the same unit the media plus pack,

I know the screen isn't the sender for the sound so the way the optisound works is its switched on when needed and when you set it up you set everything to 0db because the Vibe 4 channel amp is doing the work and is plugged in between the MMI amp and the cars loom so the amp flows 1 way which is out to the speakers not back into the MMI amplifier so By all rights if I Splice the 2 frequencies together and then splice them into the vibe amps fR+/- and F/L +/- channel this will amplify the same channel it was amplifying in the first place (tweeters which aren't installed as I removed) and it will amplify the full frequency for the door speakers which are being missed due to the quadlock setup a i'm not splicing the loom I'm splicing the T-harness and it doesn't require me to adapt any software worst it will do Is blow thebvibe amps fuse no damage will be done to the actual cars MMI

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
It doesn't work that way ! you cannot connect the MMI's tweeter output and the woofer output and get full range, there is a 6 channel amplifier built in the MMI and each one of the Arona's 6 speakers amplified individualy, the 6 channel amplifier outputs an amplified (high level) signal from the Quadloc connector to the 2 tweeters, 2 front woofers and 2 rear doors speakers, each one of the speakers recieve different signal due to the electronic crossover built in the MMI and part of it's DSP.
It doesn't matter if there is a passive crossover in your Vibe speakers set as the high level signal is already been crossed over before your Vibe amplifier and before your Vibe speakers passive crossovers.

By connecting the tweeters outputs and the woofers outputs ( Quadloc outputs) you'll damage the amplifiers in the MMI, not your Vibe amplifier!
The fuse in your vibe amplifier is not protecting it's inputs or output(signal), it protect from power short circuit and/or power overload.

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
That's the interesting bit... I don't know how proprietary that is but that's how the fitted outboard amplifiers do it. Re the other thread and the long string:

That was me who opened this thread ;)
In order to get line level outputs from the MMI (for the Beats audio amplifier for an example) there is a need to use VCDS to reprogram the MMI....the same as it was with the VW cars and the Dynaudio package.

Tell

Staff member
That was me who opened this thread ;).
In order to get line level outputs from the MMI (for the Beats audio amplifier for an example) there is a need to use VCDS to reprogram the MMI....the same as it was with the VW cars and the Dynaudio package.
I know but I'm enjoying it... so much I will have to look to see whether they left off tweeters in the rear of the Ateca 😂. I researched how the unit switched it's output. Given the Arona only has Kessy on the driver door handle they probably left off the rear tweeters as well 🤣.

Screenshot_20210609-094451.png

As you say the rear speaker output not clipped, that's the right place for an an analogue amp. As for the digital output they must use a header in the databus to define what to do with the data given it's used for other things as per the thread. Probably someone out there has worked out how to use the digital output from the system or not.

I see the useful Arona training SSP for sales staff I put in there for the answer says full range for the rear:

Still it's clever ditching the analogue crossover in sounds systems for that to be wrapped up in the infotainment unit.

Last edited:

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
Still it's clever ditching the analogue crossover in sounds systems for that to be wrapped up in the infotainment unit.
The only thing that I don’t understand is why there is a capacitor in line with the tweeter’s input if the signal is already been “high passed” by the MMI electronic crossover? I can only assume it’s because Seat were lazy and didn’t want to open another part number for a tweeter without the in-line capacitor 😄

Tell

Staff member
The only thing that I don’t understand is why there is a capacitor in line with the tweeter’s input if the signal is already been “high passed” by the MMI electronic crossover? I can only assume it’s because Seat were lazy and didn’t want to open another part number for a tweeter without the in-line capacitor 😄
Might be cheaper to buy them like that, being a mass market car part.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.