2021 CUPRA Leon 300 MK4 (*VIDEO REVIEW by Mk3.5 Owner*)

RideWithMe_YT

Sep 1, 2017
Hi all

I'm back after a long term hiatus having recently attended the CUPRA range review press event and being reminded by @Syphon that this is the go-to place to discuss everything CUPRA! Currently daily driving a 2020 SEAT Leon Cupra 290 DSG (MK3.5) which made for a great comparison against the new MK4.

What I will say as a brief summary is that, the steering is much tighter, the famous MK3 wheel hop is no more, and I'm STILL not sure about that styling. Unfortunately I had a few audio issues in the cabin but don't let that deter you from my thoughts!

Curious to hear what you think if you own one especially if you have come from a MK3.

Ostmeister

Mar 17, 2021
Coming from a mk3 2017 Leon CUPRA ST 300 4drive to a mk4 CUPRA Leon ST 310, I have to say the comfort and quality feel is way up. However the software is much more of a beta-version than in the mk, It is full of bugs and randomness. Like voice controll randomly coming on, backup-camera taking 20 seconds to load sometimes, profile resetting (happened once, not sure if its gonna be a thing in the long run).

The gearbox/engine seems slower to react aswell compared to the mk3, you really have to give it the beans (In D, S is much better) to get it to accelerate with any kind of "fun"-feeling(induvidual mode, everything engine/gearbox related in cupra, everything else in comfort. It might be some kind of software protection during break-in though, I don´t know.

Also the constant "eco"-tips and eco-focus in generall seems a bit off in this kind of car.

With that said, I love the car and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun and somewhat "rare" family estate.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.