20K Service & DV Dilemma

fyfe9

Lurker
Jan 30, 2007
Aberdeen
Guys I need your opinion. (If this is in the wrong place can a mod pls move, ta)

I'm just back from my local SEAT Dealer, they're quoting £260 for my 20K service on my K1.

Trouble is I'm also wanting them to install a new Forge DV I've purchased and the SEAT guy said they won't do it as it'll muck up my 2 year warranty. He said I can go somewhere else to get the service and DV installed but he doesn't recommend it as I risk engine damage should the garage I go to use the wrong type of oil... :confused:

I have a BOSCH garage right on my doorstep and they're highly recommended by most I speak to and was considering them.

What do you guys think I should do?? :shrug:

Cheers

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
get the car serviced by seat first so thats out of the way...THEN take it elsewhere to have it fitted SEAT will not touch any parts like forge because if something happens they will get the blame...something like that.

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Or sell the forge on ebay/where ever and get the latest updated version from vag them selves! It's piston operated type just like the forge and can be had for about £45 inc vat! Then get it fitted for circa £25 (thats what mine cost) and voila :¬

fyfe9

Lurker
Jan 30, 2007
Aberdeen
OK thanks for your input guys, I'll look to getting the DV fitted somewhere else after the service. Just aswell I'm not doing xmas shopping next month, not even got the car Revo'd yet!! :D

cupra simon

Guys I need your opinion. (If this is in the wrong place can a mod pls move, ta)

I'm just back from my local SEAT Dealer, they're quoting £260 for my 20K service on my K1.

Trouble is I'm also wanting them to install a new Forge DV I've purchased and the SEAT guy said they won't do it as it'll muck up my 2 year warranty. He said I can go somewhere else to get the service and DV installed but he doesn't recommend it as I risk engine damage should the garage I go to use the wrong type of oil... :confused:

I have a BOSCH garage right on my doorstep and they're highly recommended by most I speak to and was considering them.

What do you guys think I should do?? :shrug:

Cheers

£260??? :wtf: seems a hell of alot mines booked in for a 20k next month at £120 + VAt fro my local stealer.

I will have your DV if your gonna sell it?

simon

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Or sell the forge on ebay/where ever and get the latest updated version from vag them selves! It's piston operated type just like the forge and can be had for about £45 inc vat! Then get it fitted for circa £25 (thats what mine cost) and voila :¬

Fit it yourself 5min job if that.

It's easy to us the correct grade of oil :confused:

£260 me think they are taking the pi$$!

fyfe9

Lurker
Jan 30, 2007
Aberdeen
Tell me about it, I nearly had heart failure when he told me. They have the prices up on a big board aswell so it's not like he just lied to my face.

Unfortunately Simon I'm going to keep the DV and get it fitted somehow as I'm planning to get Revo at some point soon.

I'd love to fit it myself but I'm not too savvy when it comes to the engine 'nitty gritty'. Couldn't even install a Dynatwist on my old Mk1! :doh: Rear lights and fabia rear wiper I handled no probs tho! :D

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Tell me about it, I nearly had heart failure when he told me. They have the prices up on a big board aswell so it's not like he just lied to my face.

Unfortunately Simon I'm going to keep the DV and get it fitted somehow as I'm planning to get Revo at some point soon.

I'd love to fit it myself but I'm not too savvy when it comes to the engine 'nitty gritty'. Couldn't even install a Dynatwist on my old Mk1! :doh: Rear lights and fabia rear wiper I handled no probs tho! :D

A said just get the new revsion DV, copes fine with Revo stg2+ and is a straight swop.

fyfe9

Lurker
Jan 30, 2007
Aberdeen
hmm, where can I get the revised DV from?

You reckon my stealer would install it for me or is it considered a non factory mod?

Stage 2 is defo on my list so a cheaper/better option might be on the cards. Just incase I do decide to sell it I got the FMFSITVR DV, didn't fancy a loud DV for just now.

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
hmm, where can I get the revised DV from?

You reckon my stealer would install it for me or is it considered a non factory mod?

Stage 2 is defo on my list so a cheaper/better option might be on the cards. Just incase I do decide to sell it I got the FMFSITVR DV, didn't fancy a loud DV for just now.

Dealer or David at Sere Motors on here.
£45 ish. Think its revision "D" but i'll have to check, David will know.

Seriously mate it's 3 (S28 IIRC) Torx screws, direct replacement just piston internals not diaphram. Std bosch part not mod.

DIY! I'll even email images if needed. ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Try Hawco VW in Peterhead. Your warranty will still be intact with a VW service as they use the same filters and oils as Speccy Cars and the price for the service is lower there. Just remember that the 20k service includes a brake fluid change.

Also, as mentioned before, dont bother with a Forge Valve. The OEM valve is more than good enough, but if you really are worried, then fit a D Revision valve for approx £40. I will even do it for you as it does literally take five minutes.

With regard to oil changes, mine is done 2 or 3 times between services. Oil choice is important for sure, but its not hard to work out which oil you need and ensure it goes in to the car :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members