20VT Toledo now wrapped GREEN

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Rightooo guys this is my toledo ,to be honest I'm young (well was when I got this haha) - I'd never really seen a Toledo before but I saw this when loking for a Cupra , i liked what I saw put £1500 on eBay and won the bad boy with a little bidding battle which I'm sure was the seller bidding me up but hey £1500 small change ,

anyways it came to me pre modded on some horrid jom coilovers , an apr diverter valve and a miltek turbo back exhaust with sports cat and hidden tail pipes ,
bbs ch reps 8J front and 9J rear 18"

ive since fitted a pipercross panel filter
pro-sport coilovers
n/s/f outter cv joint
thermostat
drivers window reg
o/s/r door lock

sorry thers a lack of pics !

so what im up to this week

TIP - ill do a fitting guide with pics so check back ,
N249 by-pass once again ill get some pics
boost gauge with a pillar pod , ill do a guide here too
fitting a golf 4 motion under drive shaft roll bar with some home made drop links !

so im going to be busy and all my future mods will be photographed for you , just wanted to get started as ive never done a build thread before

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Tip install

Right went to finally fit my TIP this evening .
Okay so I got the creation motorsport AUQ tip

Okay it was a pain to fit it , But now I've done one I could do another very quickly

So I removed the engine covers and the air box

Removed all old associated clips holding various items to the tip like DV N75 ect

I reached down and removed the metal clip and split the original tip as ones the rubber part is out the way you have bags of room

Then you need to get at a 5mm Allen bolt that is so easy to get at from under Neath as its coming in from the back of the turbo to the side you can see from the top

Now on the original tip there's a lug 180" opposite the Allen bolt you've just removed and is keeping the other side on the tip secure , now I didn't realise this and went aheads removing the bolt for it when if you just give the tip a small twist round it clears the lug and comes out

You may need to remove the 8mm Allen bolt on the water pipe but it hardly gives you any movement so I wouldn't bother as to do this you need the hear linkages out the way

Got it all fitted up but don't do any clips up until everything is fitted and positioned , I did them all up and left the main turbo clamp loose and did this up last

Things to note

Change all clips don't use cable ties

The DV pipe may not fit anymore now the TIP is in a differnt place so get some more pipe handy to change this probably 6mm ID

The tip sits so close to this hard water pipe it touches but creation motorsport said the pipe is good for 220'c so that's good enough for me

Over all pain to fit and I probably wouldn't bother doing it again as I have noticed no difference apart from some noise

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Retro-fit parking sensors

Right I set about fitting some OEM looking parking sensors today

First off take the boot covers out along the lock area and the carpet and n/s rear lamp unit cover

Find your grommet under the boot lock and remove this

As you look in the boot on the n/a there is an earth point and a black connector with a blue and black wire bottom left of the connector this is your reverse light positive

Pop your earth to the point and patch your live in via scotch lock or similar

Place your beeper speaker in the boot near the back of the seats

Now run a fat strip of masking tape along under the black bumper trim

Use the boot lock to find the centre and from there measure 210mm from the centre to your first sensor , then 315mm to your next sensor do this either side

Drill the hole with the suplied hole saw

The easiest way to get the wiring through without removing the bumper was the thread a wire from the centre left hole to the grimmet , one from the far left to the centre left hole then in to the grommet ect then you can tape your sensor ends to them and pull the wires through

Run the loom along the boot to your control box attaching it to any other loom you find to keep it from moving

Pop the sensors in plug it up and admire your handy work

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
good work fella my farther-in-law got charged £300+ for fitting them on his tolly so a good saving aswell.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Thanks pal plenty of spelling mistakes in there now ive just read it back

The sensor kit cost me £12.99 on ebay and a few hours work so big saving

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Also done the n249 full bypass , felt no difference in running and my boost still surges badly

But going to get it checked for boost leaks

No eml either , read the full thread on here about it and everyone comes back crying because they have a eml on a few days later

From what ive read and seen they are taking all the pipes off the SAI sensor and not replacing the vaccume,

Ill do a proper guide over the weekend

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
So done a detail on it this weekend with " turtle wax bkack box kit " came out nice
Tinted the front fogs yellow and gave it a good clean progress has been slow this week

Last edited:

pel

Jun 23, 2013
Noice, Ive been looking at the bbs alloys for a while now but wasnt sure if they would look right but seeing yours says otherwise

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
The bbs alloys I find suit it but I don't really like the branding as mine are reps so I've done this

Batman caps and red lettering makes them look the nuts

I've also fitted a golf 4motion rollbar that goes under the drive shaft , now to accommodate this you need adjustable drop links because the new bar is narrower and the links sit at a funny position

I made these up for about £30-40 and has a ball joint and rose joint either end so sits perfectly

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
AMD remap today :)

Had my remap today and feeling great :)

Had a few boost leaks but all fixed and running nice now

211hp
272 lb-ft

Very happy :)

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Not much going on here taking Abit of a back seat lately as I've been fiddling with my kawasaki

I'm searching for air ride next and a de badge grill and a cupra R splitter and a arm rest if any going
Oh and a liquid gauge

Last edited:

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Right made some progress

De-badge grill fitted and got my cupra r splitter on the front too

Also got this armrest off eBay and it screws in the coin tray and fits nicely and secure and good storage so happy with that
Next on my list is a lip spoiler for the boot but will keep updated

Hopefully she will pass her mot tomorrow then I'm going to take her back to AMD for some adjustments to my map as i want a pop on lift off .

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Today I took the toledo over to France on a booze run , we clocked up about 380 miles today over 8hours and averaged 38.5 mpg and have 100 miles left on my range from full so pretty happy considering my mods

Obviously to achieve that I did 60-70 the whole way but I was in no hurry today

Even so driving in France was an experience and took some getting used to !

rich12345

Feb 26, 2007
falmouth, cornwall
Where did you get the parking sensors to? I am looking for some as I cant see the back end on mine when reversing. Mine has a spoiler so pretty much all I can see is the spoiler out of the back window!!

Yours looks good. Mine already has the arm rest as standard.

I love driving in France, their road networks are so much better. We drove down to near La Rochelle camping in the summer, I got about 42mpg with cruise control on 65. (Mines non-turbo)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.