2100 revs and egine kangeroos.

kalem6572

Hi all, hope someone can help. My Alhambra 09 has a 2lt TDI engine, when I excellerate to 2100 revs the engine jerks, also if I sit at around 2000 to 2300 revs about 70mph the engine continually jerks as if some learner is setting of from a junction, anyone any ideas.:confused:

kalem6572

Hi, the problem got worse and started jumping at about 40mph and then going into limp mode. I used something called Revive, which is a turbo charger cleaner. this has helped but not totally cleared the problem. I also changed the vacuum pipes, this made no difference. Also around the same time my cruise control stopped working, I have not managed to find the problem to this as yet.
In my opinion dealers have no idea what is going on because they only use the computer, if that does not tell them anything they are stuck. If you are competent the above two jobs are pretty easy to do, though the revive is pricey.
I am going to give the revive another go, to see if it completes the job.

BC

I read a post on TDIClub forum that someone had a similar problem and someone else replied suggesting it was the MAF sensor. He suggested disconnecting the MAF sensor and driving it to see if that fixed the problem. I did that today and took the car out for a short drive and with the MAF sensor disconnected, the car didn't hiccup at 2100 rpm. I didn't have time to drive it extensively to really test it, but will do that tomorrow. Of course the CEL came on b/c the sensor was disconnected. I need to buy some MAF sensor cleaner spray and then reconnect it to see if that sorts it out. One place I read today suggests you clean the MAF sensor every 6 months or every time you change the air filter.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.