P10A9 Code and Loss of power

Will has a cupra

Aug 30, 2018
I have a 1.4 64plate 6j cupra

Hoping someone will have an answer or even anything to help point me in the right direction. Two days ago I was driving and put my foot down to about half throttle maybe just over. The build up in speed was very slow, and when the rpm raised to around 3.5k /4K they suddenly shot up. However there was a complete loss in power to the wheels. Almost as if there was no drive and the car shot into neutral. I changed gear and there was drive again but still with a lack of power. The engine light then came on so I stopped at home. The car brings up the code ‘P10A9’ and from a little bit of research this seems to be the ‘magnetic clutch for supercharger is stuck closed’. I took the car out gently again and it was then, what seemed to be, in limp mode revs wouldn’t go past 3k and lack of power. I cleared the code and took it for a short drive and all seemed ok. About 5 minutes later the check engine light came back on so havnt driven it since. Does anyone have any ideas? If there is a problem with the clutch for the supercharger howcome when it raises to higher rpms they shoot up without any drive to the wheels. Will this all be linked or could it be two seperate problems which occurred at the same time? Any help is appreciated. Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise