225/40/18 F1 Assymetric prices

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands
On the hunt for some Goodyear F1 Assymetric…

So far I’ve found the following prices (all include VAT, delivery and fitting)

Blackcircles = £128.43
Mytyres = £122.70
Tyrexpress = £117.89
Camskill = £115.00

Luckily, my trusted local tyre fitter (in Derby) has undercut all the above and come in at £109 all in :funk:

I’m quite happy with this (as it’s less than I expected). However, anyone know of anywhere cheaper? ;)

Cheers,

Charlie :)

ben1413

Jul 3, 2008
Fareham, Hants
Are these the tyres of choice for most LCR owners?

The tyres on the rear of my LCR are odds (albeit have decent makes) so I would like to change them soon.

Ben

MrTurner

Jun 21, 2009
Rated the F1's when I had them in 235/40/18, would like to go for the same on the Leon when they need doing. Defo a better tyre than the Khumo I have on the Leon and Golf.

Where in Derby did you get the prices from? £109 fitted is good, I was paying £130 for the 235 from Inner Ring in Derby when I last bought them.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Slightly wider and slightly bigger profile and slightly more expensive.
The advantage might be negligible but I'll be trying this size in different tyres as will need as much traction as possible on the track

MrTurner

Jun 21, 2009
It will totall depend on the brand. There is only 10mm between them, and some manufacturers will build the tyre wall to a different shape anyway.

I think usually, a 7.5J wheel matches up to a 225, and a 8J wheel matches to a 235.

MrTurner

Jun 21, 2009
^That sounds perfectly feasible - what I meant though was 2 different brands might have a 225 and a 235 that measure the same across the width once fitted!

Shani

Habitual derv user
Aug 12, 2007
Baillieston, Glasgow
On the hunt for some Goodyear F1 Assymetric…

So far I’ve found the following prices (all include VAT, delivery and fitting)

Blackcircles = £128.43
Mytyres = £122.70
Tyrexpress = £117.89
Camskill = £115.00

Luckily, my trusted local tyre fitter (in Derby) has undercut all the above and come in at £109 all in :funk:

I’m quite happy with this (as it’s less than I expected). However, anyone know of anywhere cheaper? ;)

Cheers,

Charlie :)

£109 a corner fitted is a great deal.

I got mine at £113 a corner after alot of telephoning around. I telephoned one of the national chains and when I told him this price had been quoted, he said he was going to go there himself as he couldn't get these tyres at this price even with his staff discount.

BTW Kwik-Fit quoted me £840 for all four! Then he said the Dunlop Sports were better and only £600 fitted. I really do wonder about these guys....

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
I think mine were £110 or £120 damn steep when you buy 4 in a go then have to pay for fitting on top but from the big car magazine reviews they are well up the top.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Only other website worth checking is etyres.co.uk, but anything around £110 is good.

As for the kwik-fit recommendation, remember they are salesmen first, tyre fitters second. These kind of chains usually have some kind deal going, which also happens to be "the best tyre in the world" at that point in time.

The Eagle Asyms are pretty much the best bar-none, so go with them! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.