3" de-cat downpipe???

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Ebay is your friend mate, go to ebay.com (american ebay) and search for a MkV Golf GTI Downpipe and you will be able to buy a stainless steel 3inch downpipe with no cat for less than a couple of hundred pound delivered.

EDIT: A couple of seconds searching and I found this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/06-07-08-09-v...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5191ed11c3

When I buy a downpipe for my Cupra it will be this one and then I will purchase a 100 cel race cat off of Blueflame and get a Stainless Steel welder I know to install it so it is removable (as hurdy has done on his Edition 30 gti) in the Downpipe this should save me a few bob lol

Last edited:

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
not sure if the yank one will fit the miltek cat back though, i have a full turbo back at the moment and need a decat downpipe and link pipe that will suit the milltek downpipe. i phone awesome and can get one for £200 which is blueflame but not sure if will fit onto my milltek

2crazy

apparently the godspeed products aren't rated very highly. have you checked out the atp downpipe/decat it goes for about 350usd....

Have you got any engine management lights with this set up mate? What software are you running?

I have Revo software on my car, I have the 3inch catless DP from xspower (ebay store), mated to the original cat back.

You do get a light thrown up but your software installer will be able to wipe it.

At the moment my engine management light is on but it's a weird code that's throwing up that says 'compensating charge' so I don't think it's related to the decat pipe.

I like the sound, a lot more popping and burbling and a deeper note... half thinking about removing the resonator but i'm not sure if that's a bit too excessive?

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Thanks for the info mate, I have my resonator removed at the minute so I would say if I fit this downpipe with no cat it will be quite loud :cartman:

How do you deal with the MOT? do you just refit the standard downpipe when the time comes?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
has anyone got a blueflame downpipe??? if so does is have a flanged section so that a cat can be placed into it instead of the decat section if you know what i mean... or is it just on solid downpipe

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
The Blueflame one is just like the milltek downpipe, the cat is welded in place not flanged and bolted.

Get onto www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum and search for posts by a member who goes by the username hurdy. He is on here sometimes as well.

He got a custom stainless steel exhaust maker such as powerflow, to cut out his cat and weld flanges on the end of it so he can unbolt it and put in a straight piece of pipe then when MOT comes just bolt the cat back in place. If you search on there you will find his thead with pictures.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
i dont know why they just dont flange them all so that you can buy them with a decat and a cat section, would make it alot easier than pissing about changing the whole downpipe all the time. seems to be only VAGs they do this with

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise