30k service on a 2.0 TDI 140

Deev

May 28, 2006
Croydon, South London
What is the 30k service on this car? Is it just a fluids and filters change? Stealer has quoted me "about" (?!?) £190 for it. Is that reasonable? I must admit I always used to do my own oil changes etc although it's annoying that they would screw up my warranty (and I suppose my service history).

I'm actually not that fussed about it being serviced by a SEAT dealer this time - the 20k service was done by the Toyota dealer I bought it from. Anyone recommend any decent garages in the Leeds/Bradford area that would do my service, stamp my book and stick to warranty requirements for a more bargain price? (Hey - times are hard...)

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
Basically just a oil change & filter change.
I was quoted £168 by local SEAT dealer, but I supplied my own oil (5ltrs of Quantum PD) so they knocked £25 of the quoted price.

You can use any competant garage as long as they use genuine parts, & the warranty will still be valid. I think I'll be doing this in future, as I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the local dealer.

Basically just a oil change & filter change.
I was quoted £168 by local SEAT dealer, but I supplied my own oil (5ltrs of Quantum PD) so they knocked £25 of the quoted price.

You can use any competant garage as long as they use genuine parts, & the warranty will still be valid. I think I'll be doing this in future, as I wasn't impressed with the attitude of the local dealer.
We're currently charging £99 for the 10K oil & filter service, all in, no strings or catches. It will give you the right stamp in the book which is required to maintain the SEAT Assistance (AA Cover), we only use the correct genuine parts and oil and it means your car is checked over by a SEAT trained technician. Can you get it any cheaper from a authorised SEAT dealer with over 21 years experience? And of course you can get here via that fantastic bit of the A640 if you don't fancy 20mins on the M62.

What is the 30k service on this car? Is it just a fluids and filters change? Stealer has quoted me "about" (?!?) £190 for it. Is that reasonable? I must admit I always used to do my own oil changes etc although it's annoying that they would screw up my warranty (and I suppose my service history).

I'm actually not that fussed about it being serviced by a SEAT dealer this time - the 20k service was done by the Toyota dealer I bought it from. Anyone recommend any decent garages in the Leeds/Bradford area that would do my service, stamp my book and stick to warranty requirements for a more bargain price? (Hey - times are hard...)
PS.

If you're anywhere near Headingley I've got a salesman who lives there and commutes in, if you didn't have time to bring yours over he'd swap his FR for yours for a day and return it to that evening with the service completed.

siwel

Apr 20, 2006
£99 is excellent, I got charged for my 1st year service almost a year ago £208 I think it was by a seat garage near me. I thought I wouldn't be going back there this time around and it looks like I'm not the only one cause it has just closed.

Deev

May 28, 2006
Croydon, South London
PS.

If you're anywhere near Headingley I've got a salesman who lives there and commutes in, if you didn't have time to bring yours over he'd swap his FR for yours for a day and return it to that evening with the service completed.

Good lord... THAT'S service!

Mind you, I've made that mistake before... Was given a mk2 2.0 TDI Sport when I took my mk1 TDI 110 for a service... and ended up buying a mk2 2.0 TDI Sport.

I see where this is heading...

grayman

Jul 27, 2007
Independant Service

Just got a 30,000 mile service on my 2.0 TDI from a local provider (mainly a tune and mod shop) for £89 including correct oil, stamp in book and genuine Seat parts.

langy

Aug 9, 2006
Just had my 50k service (i.e. oil and filter) and it was £95 at Cecil and Larter in Bury St Edmunds

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members