312mm brake upgrade - a warning

Lex 696

Aug 1, 2010
Cyprus
ABS sensor works off the wheel bearing so if you dont change the hub you havnt got a prob. Ive got a boca an i really need some better brakes. I understand the 312mm conversion is good but wat is it off an has anyone got any vag numbers? I work for seat an wouldnt mind gettin some brand spankers. I know leon is reduntant cus i have measured them and they are running the same as a mk2 octi vrs ie too big.
Thanks
Phil

this is what i have been after. i dont want second hand brakes and an out of the box solution seems to be either impossible to find or if you do (e.g GT Brembo Junior) is too expensive. I am trying to get hold of someone at AP to see if I can buy new parts from them but they seem to be hell bent on not making money as 3 emails and 2 phone calls directly in to the sales team and i havent heard a peep :think:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If your going to pay brand new proces for 312mmbrakes your better off getting an aftermarket solution from the likes of Brembo, same cost even to us.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
ABS sensor works off the wheel bearing so if you dont change the hub you havnt got a prob. Ive got a boca an i really need some better brakes. I understand the 312mm conversion is good but wat is it off an has anyone got any vag numbers? I work for seat an wouldnt mind gettin some brand spankers. I know leon is reduntant cus i have measured them and they are running the same as a mk2 octi vrs ie too big.
Thanks
Phil

If you work for SEAT just look up front brakes for a 2001-2005 Leon Cupra.

Carriers are about 120 each, calipers iirc 200 each plus VAT, then 2 discs about 35 each and pads 60ish.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
I have a set of mk2 Octavia vRS 312mm discs, calipers and carriers in my garage. I take it these wont fit?

gt4meister

No mate the mk 2 has a different hub. I've measured them at work an there no go. Ya want mk 1 octy or s3. I'm still after some part numbers cus I want some new ones.
Phil

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
MKII Octavia is 5x112 so discs are no good and as said the carriers are different, different bolts, spacing and offset.

freakybug

May 3, 2011
manchester
Iv got some brembo 4 pots off a fiat coupe turbo I'm going to look at using the original discs just adding bigger callipers and better pads

JMWalton

Feb 25, 2014
So my fr brakes arnt reli up to much. I understand what items I need but from what cars and what mk Leon cupra, TT ect.
It's a 1.4tsi fr 2010. Also ide like 2 or 3pot I think they should go under my 16's

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So my fr brakes arnt reli up to much. I understand what items I need but from what cars and what mk Leon cupra, TT ect.
It's a 1.4tsi fr 2010. Also ide like 2 or 3pot I think they should go under my 16's

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Have a look at your current calipers - do they have FS III cast in to them ?

If yes then you are going to need the front hubs as well as the brakes.

If your brakes have a spring on the outside then you can go for the 312 conversion without changing hubs.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
If you look for set of 312 give me a shout, I've supplied a few guys on team boc them them rebuilt and powder coated In a colour of there choice

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
image-22.jpg

image-19.jpg

image-20.jpg

image-27.jpg

image-25.jpg

image-28.jpg

image-21.jpg